Abusive Admin

Report hackers, or find out why you were banned
worldruler086
hated the previously assigned rank

Re: Abusive Admin

Post by worldruler086 »

Bloop the poop wrote:Will james still be able to play or no? I think it's understandable that he used flymod for a second.
Although I'd love to give him a second chance, the policy the server has in place is quite clear. No second chances. Doesn't matter if he flies from a fly hacker, the policy is quite clear. The main issue is he becomes an exception, where do we draw the line?
SolFuji
in iron armor

Post by SolFuji »

Bloop the poop wrote:Will james still be able to play or no? I think it's understandable that he used flymod for a second.
No, it's not.
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

pianiseemo never should've tped to someone without vanish on and if it had been on he couldn't have pushed any one.
Xestia
OP

Post by Xestia »

admins teleporting to people visible is a necessity as we don't have vanish.
pianiseemo
OP

Post by pianiseemo »

Moral of the Story: Don't ever come to a conclusion without listening to both sides

I first want to talk about james's most insulting claim, that he has pictures but that he won't post because I told him it'd be immature.
Any person who was online at the time, and there were many online at the time, will tell you that I egged him on to post whatever he wanted, to file an appeal. Please check the logs- what do I have to hide?

That is the worst lie of all- you pretend to have decency, you pretend that you are trying to save my reputation by withholding non-existent pictures of my supposed abuse.

Let's move on to his case
He was mining glowstone in the nether... and then I tped to him and he fell, so he "accidentally" pressed the flymod button

1) Why did you have flymod on in the first place if you weren't using it?
2) What are the odds of accidentally pressing the flymod button?
3) You were giving off moving violations both before and after the TP. The logs will clearly show this.
4) I personally saw you fly hack both up and down, with my own eyes.
5) You admitted both in chat, and even in this forum post, to fly hacking.

If I'm not correct, your brother is MARINESNIPER4 (although I might be wrong, not sure). He's in jail right now, and he's jailed (not by me) for fly hacking.

James is correct in the last part. He asked me incessantly to get let out of jail. At first I gave the actual reason, but after a while I trolled. I also tried to get him to give out his coords- as a hacker related event, I encourage battle royales at hacker's bases. I also said I'd let him "out" if he told the coords, and what I meant by this, was that I'd let him out of the server and not literally out of jail.

To me, trolling and hosting events related to hackers is not only just "not a bad thing", it's a positive good. Events like "Whack-a-hacker" and humor in general are favorites for server players. If you hack, you take away from the server, and you might as well as give back to it in the form of fun. I am not the only admin who makes fun of hackers, in fact close to every admin does it- not hiding behind numbers, but rather arguing that multiple people doing the same thing probably means it's not a bad thing to do.

Now in response to the others...
Bloop the poop, I agree. We should unban this guy and allow him to continue fly hacking, because clearly that's a nice thing to do for the other server players.
Revstoningpot, I agree. I should have magically updated the /vanish plugin for 1.0 and used it, because that's what every admin does. In fact, better yet, I should just go inactive and complain about other admins on the forums, capitalizing on appeals.

I will resign if you so please. I have been stupid at times and mean at other times. I am not close to perfect or even a role model, nor am I going to claim to be perfect.

But in the end, what did I really do? You all have known me for many months. Over the past few days, I've probably jailed/banned 30 hackers, and was the only admin online for most of the day. I've come up with events like the Hunger Games that many of you have loved. I wrote a PvP guide to help newcomers survive. All this took tons of time, effort, and thinking.

But if you hate me because of a personal grudge, or think I'm doing a bad job, or simply don't care about whether or not I'm giving up a lot of time for this server, then I'll leave. After all, I probably have much better things to do in my real life- such as that darned SAT that's coming up in a week and that I haven't studied at all for ;)
SolFuji
in iron armor

Post by SolFuji »

pianiseemo wrote:Moral of the Story: Don't ever come to a conclusion without listening to both sides[/qoute]
YES!
pianiseemo wrote:...or think I'm doing a bad job...
NO!
Bloop the poop
Moron

Post by Bloop the poop »

Your not a bad Admin at all. Also, Just call me Bloop.
Xestia
OP

Post by Xestia »

Yukar9 wrote:Firstly I apologize for you being pushed off, admins teleporting to people visible is a necessity as we don't have vanish.

Now, the rules are clear that it's a no-tolerance policy to not use hacks, under any circumstances, and the fact you even had flymod running on your computer before he teleported to you makes me suspicious.

The proper course of action under such circumstances would be to drop into the lava, in which case the admin would without a doubt have apologized sincerely and replaced the lost items.

Still I agree his actions were a bit overdone, that will be dealt with.

IPs are automatically banned, so it wasn't piani who intentionally banned your brother. I'll lift the IP ban so your brother will be able to play freely.
Closing this thread.