Minecraft 1.0.0

General minecraft related topics
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Re: Minecraft 1.0.0

Post by RevStoningpot »

actually i'm disappointed beacause they never added enough. I mean where's the game. There's no missions, npcs can't even talk, no bosses just a lame ass dragon that flys in circles around a pointless chuck of floating rock. I thought the game was actually going to be a game when it was finnished. This just doesn't seem like a finnished game yet. I know there's still supposed to be updates but thoses are just bonuses it can't be any majorly game changing things cuz then it would be minecraft 2 and i don't think I'll be buying any sequals if this is the best they can do
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

As for missing stuff: quiver, sponge, world type, and there's a few textures on the terrain.png that don't seem to be anything. Any one know what the deal is with all this unfinnished stuff?
Bloop the poop
Moron

Post by Bloop the poop »

Yeah, mojang said they'll keep on updating minecraft but they've gone to work on their retarded scrolls game or whatever the hell it's called. It pisses me off because minecraft has so much more potential and in a few years it's probably going to die out. Though from a buisness point of view if they kept on makign minecraft updates they wouldn't make any money because people have already bought the game. I think thats one of the huge reasons they moved onto another game.
SilasOfBorg
Donator

Post by SilasOfBorg »

Wasn't one of Notch's original promises to release Minecraft as public domain after they'd wrung their millions from it and got bored of updating it? I mean, it's small comfort for those of us who were hoping for more with 1.0, but a well run open source project could have some serious potential starting off with the minecraft codebase.
worldruler86
[rawr]

Post by worldruler86 »

SilasOfBorg wrote:Wasn't one of Notch's original promises to release Minecraft as public domain after they'd wrung their millions from it and got bored of updating it? I mean, it's small comfort for those of us who were hoping for more with 1.0, but a well run open source project could have some serious potential starting off with the minecraft codebase.
sadly, notch didn't finish that Mod API, but Jeb, now that he's the lead designer, said that that is his top priority.
Xestia
OP

Post by Xestia »

I think it's good Jeb is the lead designer, he's obviously much more active in minecraft. But still the first priority should be fixing some of the many, many bugs in minecraft. Mods already work, minecraft doesn't.