Minecraft 1.7 - The biome update

General minecraft related topics
hugobros3
in iron armor

Minecraft 1.7 - The biome update

Post by hugobros3 »

Starting a topic about Minecraft 1.7, the first interesting update since huh ... 1.5 ? And longer if you don't use redstone much.
Well, let's get into it : this update will bring a lot of terrain changes, and for one it looks like Mojang started to move their ass :

This is a preview of new biomes organisation. No more shitty transitons from desert-to-jungle-to-taiga, and the BEACHES are back !

Then we have this screen of a clay mountain.

Then a awesome deep forest biome ( I WANT TO LIVE IN THAT ), plus the "forest ground" block is exactly what I need for my DayZ reproduction map.

And then a "cliff" biome.

So looks like 1.7 will remake Minecraft's terrain what it was, can't wait for a snapshot to look into it.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Re: Minecraft 1.7 - The biome update

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

Lame, changing the terrain doesn't change the broken as fuck mechanics.
hugobros3
in iron armor

Post by hugobros3 »

like ?
deflowvesper
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by deflowvesper »

Im not gonna like this update, this will give yukar a good reason for another map reset but i am not too worried as i know alot of players will be against it.
SilasOfBorg
Donator

Post by SilasOfBorg »

I doubt there will be a map reset just for some new biomes. Anyone who wants to find one just needs to travel a bit.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

hugobros3 wrote:like ?
Mobs are still boring as fuck to fight, Babby zombies are one of the most shit ideas ever, half the mobs in the game are so rare you hardly ever get a chance to fight them, PvP is now based on not who is the best at gathering resources or tactical advantage, but whom can stand infront of a mob spawner the longest without disconnecting. The game is a half-finished RPG/Sandbox that honestly doesn't mix well, horses are still near-useless for the average base builder, they are only good for those that live on the move, and even then not that useful because water. Mobs like Silverfish and the Enderdragon are forgettable as fuck, combat is still boring as hell, all you have to do is LMB to win...

I don't think I need to go on.
SilasOfBorg
Donator

Post by SilasOfBorg »

Agreed on all points.

That said, some more limited maps can be a lot of fun -- I played "Find the Wool" (2 lane race map) with my sons last night, it was very entertaining precisely because the power curve was very flat -- it was not possible to get enchants or pots.
FoSchnizzleTheSecond

Post by FoSchnizzleTheSecond »

I agree with both of you, to be honest. I've played some event maps (both large and small scale), and those are actually quite fun because of the limitations that the map creator can set.
worldruler086

Post by worldruler086 »

Yeah, enchantments was around where the pvp and shit went south.
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

well the pics look like shit. And i'm with lone, they should fix the game and stop adding pointless crap. I think it's time to just quit until they can finally get their heds out of their asses and finish the game.