Beliefs.

Discuss anything not related to minecraft
Mr_Hole_Digger1
in diamond armor

Re: Beliefs.

Post by Mr_Hole_Digger1 »

morl0ck wrote:Debating religion is pointless. No one ever wins. I debated religion for 6 years on the internet before figuring out that it was basically the same 5 arguments reworded the entire time. Well, I realized it long before that, but nothing ever changed.

The people you're arguing with have their minds made up, and so do you. (No really! I'm a truth seeker!) No, you're not.
Debating is pointless, just makes you more defensive about your religion, so we're not going to debate. I'm asking you guys what you believe and to share it with me, I'm sharing mine with you.

I'm sorry if you feel like you've been 'attacked' or 'debated'. You've all made me feel this way... but I apologized to you all anyways. Again, I'm sorry.
FoSchnizzleTheSecond
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by FoSchnizzleTheSecond »

Mr_Hole_Digger1 wrote:
morl0ck wrote:Debating religion is pointless. No one ever wins. I debated religion for 6 years on the internet before figuring out that it was basically the same 5 arguments reworded the entire time. Well, I realized it long before that, but nothing ever changed.

The people you're arguing with have their minds made up, and so do you. (No really! I'm a truth seeker!) No, you're not.
Debating is pointless, just makes you more defensive about your religion, so we're not going to debate. I'm asking you guys what you believe and to share it with me, I'm sharing mine with you.

I'm sorry if you feel like you've been 'attacked' or 'debated'. You've all made me feel this way... but I apologized to you all anyways. Again, I'm sorry.
Debating isn't a negative thing, Hole. For some close minded people, it might be harmful to them as they can't accept another's debate, but for those of us that either are open to most sides of the argument or that give a damn about the topic and the opposing side to their belief, debates are helpful.
Mr_Hole_Digger1
in diamond armor

FoSchnizzleTheSecond wrote:
Mr_Hole_Digger1 wrote:I believe in everything the Bible says; it has authority because God has all authority. And because God is the author of all Scripture (2 Timothy 3:16), Scripture is authoritative. God is the basis for the Bible’s authority.
Mr_Hole_Digger1 wrote:it has authority because God has all authority.
Mr_Hole_Digger1 wrote:God is the basis for the Bible’s authority.
Mr_Hole_Digger1 wrote:Might sound like more bull crap to you but I don't really care what you think of it.
Mr_Hole_Digger1 wrote:more bull crap
And again with a triple post. It's hard to respect your opinion when you make such a bumbling idiot of yourself.
I almost had a quadruple post. It's wisdom from the Bible Fo, not a bunch of stupid crap like lone dumps on here.
FoSchnizzleTheSecond

No matter what it is, surely you don't have to post so many times. Also, by calling your opinion "wisdom" and another's opinion "stupid crap" you've lost even more respect.
Mr_Hole_Digger1
in diamond armor

FoSchnizzleTheSecond wrote:No matter what it is, surely you don't have to post so many times. Also, by calling your opinion "wisdom" and another's opinion "stupid crap" you've lost even more respect.
I'm trying to answer your comments, if I leave them, then what good will that do? It's not my wisdom, it's Gods wisdom, not mine, Gods. So what is the stuff lone posts called then Fo? Got a better, more correct name for it? Your terminology for that is Sh*tposting, lol.

I didn't lose any respect, you never respected me in the first place, are you kidding me?

Also, If God allowed the text in the Bible to be lost and the message to be muddled, He would then be unfaithful to His own purpose and to His own Son and His sacrifice on the Cross. Logically, theoretically, practically, that is impossible.
Last edited by Mr_Hole_Digger1 on Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
FoSchnizzleTheSecond

Mr_Hole_Digger1 wrote:
FoSchnizzleTheSecond wrote:No matter what it is, surely you don't have to post so many times. Also, by calling your opinion "wisdom" and another's opinion "stupid crap" you've lost even more respect.
I'm trying to answer your comments, if I leave them, then what good will that do? It's not my wisdom, it's Gods wisdom, not mine, Gods. So what is the stuff lone posts called then Fo? Got a better, more correct name for it? Your terminology for that is Sh*tposting, lol.

I didn't lose any respect, you never respected me in the first place, are you kidding me?
There's this thing, I know you're familiar with it. It's called disrespect, which is the same as a loss of respect. Either way, you don't have to leave them, you can simply put more than one sentence into the same post. Also, it is only your opinion that this God even exists, let alone that his "wisdom" holds true. I'm sure Lone views his words as "wisdom" of his own, and he may very well believe in himself as a godly figure, which makes your arguments equal in stupidity. Please treat them as such.
Mr_Hole_Digger1
in diamond armor

FoSchnizzleTheSecond wrote:
Mr_Hole_Digger1 wrote:

There's this thing, I know you're familiar with it. It's called disrespect, which is the same as a loss of respect. Either way, you don't have to leave them, you can simply put more than one sentence into the same post. Also, it is only your opinion that this God even exists, let alone that his "wisdom" holds true. I'm sure Lone views his words as "wisdom" of his own, and he may very well believe in himself as a godly figure, which makes your arguments equal in stupidity. Please treat them as such.
Ever considered applying his wisdom to your life?

Adding this to it: HUMAN OPINION OR GOD'S WORD?
From this point on, it is no longer their opinion against your opinion. It is now their opinion against God's final word on the matter. At this juncture they will usually say something to the effect that it is just your opinion that the Bible is God's Word. Then you reply: 'Since you reject God's authority on this matter, tell me on what basis should People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals decide what is right and wrong?'
'Why was it wrong for Hitler to do what he did? If God made no absolutes, Hitler or anyone else would have the right to set his own rules and his own agenda. He got most of Germany agreeing with his ethics, which he sincerely believed were good and right. Because of this, many people perished. Are you willing to say that he was right? If you think he was wrong, on what basis are you deciding that it is wrong? Why then should people believe your opinions concerning beliefs?'
Without too many words, you have pointed out the hypocrisy of his 'wannabe absolutist — but can't admit it' position, and the shifting-sand foundation of his ethics.
At this point, most people have to stop and think about the contradiction that exists in their assumptions. This is a step in the right direction. The next step is to introduce them to the foundation that Genesis provides. Hopefully, they will then begin to understand that they have transgressed God's absolutes and are in need of a Saviour.
Last edited by Mr_Hole_Digger1 on Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
FoSchnizzleTheSecond

Yes, quite a few times. Some of what he says makes sense, if you'd stop to listen to it, and vice versa, respectively. There is also, however, an insane amount of stupidity and ignorance contained within your posts as well as his.
Mr_Hole_Digger1
in diamond armor

FoSchnizzleTheSecond wrote:Yes, quite a few times. Some of what he says makes sense, if you'd stop to listen to it, and vice versa, respectively. There is also, however, an insane amount of stupidity and ignorance contained within your posts as well as his.
Of course, I can be stupid and ignorant too, we've all been this way, we're only human...

Some of lones technical-related replies make perfect sense, not the ones about people however, he's just trying to get them to think they did something wrong when they didn't, that's where he loses me.

But I'm sure I've done the same to you guys too and I'm sorry that I did.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

You're shitting up this board with your canned brand of christianity shit. Its the internet besides and unless you're at a place that either circle jerks with your opinion (reddit) or is a place for discussing this (reddit's boards relating to this), people will frankly meet your opinions on what came first with shit along the lines of "We don't give a fuck".

Obviously conveying this message is taking a painstaking toll on your mind and you seem to have an inabillity to comprehend that really, truly, honestly, go back to r/atheism and yell at them.