Following the chunk border after 1.7

General simplicitypvp.net related topics
morl0ck
pinko commie bastard

Following the chunk border after 1.7

Post by morl0ck »

So Infam0us2 pointed out an interesting point to me earlier- and that's that any above-ground base after 1.7 can be easily found by following the chunk border. For me, this sucks donkey balls, because I'm about a year into my castle project and not even half done. I feel as though there might as well be a giant gaping tunnel from spawn straight to my base for the sake of some gay new biomes.

For those of us with impressive bases, this is a big problem. Thoughts?
utuoo2234
[rawr]

Re: Following the chunk border after 1.7

Post by utuoo2234 »

Exactly part of my point! We should reset the map so that we could find biomes easier, people wont be able to follow chunk borders to your massive bases that you have been building for years, and it will give new people a better chance to staying on the server because its easier for them to get started. Please post respectful and legitimate comments. Thanks. You did bring up a very good point. So either way people will find your base through chunk borders or we could reset the map. Either way your going to lose your bases.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

utuoo2234 wrote:Exactly part of my point! We should reset the map so that we could find biomes easier, people wont be able to follow chunk borders to your massive bases that you have been building for years, and it will give new people a better chance to staying on the server because its easier for them to get started. Please post respectful and legitimate comments. Thanks. You did bring up a very good point. So either way people will find your base through chunk borders or we could reset the map. Either way your going to lose your bases.
No, you're fucking retarded.

There's a CHANCE that he might loose his base to someone following this some-what reputable scheme, but there is a 100% chance of all damage becoming irreversable through a map reset.

Biomes are not that hard to find and will be in the pvp world every month or so, fresh and anew for you to jizz your minecraft developer praise all over.

If you have trouble getting out of simplicity pvp's spawn, you probably think there's a /home and /tpa. SimPvP is not for you if you cannot get out of the spawn.

Eat shit, you asking for respectful comments is asking me to call you mean words in hopes you'll reply truthfully.
FoSchnizzleTheSecond
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by FoSchnizzleTheSecond »

There's no way in hell we're having a reset, I can say that much. If you even try to make that a valid argument, you're in for one shithole of a ride. Your argument is shit, too. "People can't find your bases that you've been building for months or years!" Yeah, well we can't access them, either.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

I think he just wants the map reset so people can't brag about builds or something anymore
morl0ck
pinko commie bastard

Post by morl0ck »

It may not be an issue for me, since I used the nether for the vast majority of my travel, and nether generation isn't being changed. But it might for others.
SilasOfBorg
Donator

Post by SilasOfBorg »

How is this even going to be a problem? 95% of chunks within 5000m of spawn will be "old" chunks and nobody is even going to have the foggiest idea who has gone where. Someone *might* get lucky and find "old" chunks via border farther out, but who in their right mind is going to follow them for thousands of blocks? All it takes is one "Ocean" biome next to another and the trail goes cold.

utuoo, you're asking to kill a fly with a nuke. I don't think a reset is even slightly reasonable.
PlanetKhamulio
in diamond armor

Post by PlanetKhamulio »

LoneSoldier55 wrote:I think he just wants the map reset so people can't brag about builds or something anymore
Yeah, despite everything else he said logical in the thread.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

>anything he said being logical and not simply batshit retarded