Fixing pvp: The case against enchantments

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started

[OFFICIAL] Ban all enchantments from the pvp world?

Poll ended at Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:52 pm

Yes
58%
No
42%
Neutral
No votes

Total votes: 19

Yukar9
Admin

Re: Fixing pvp: The case against enchantments

Post by Yukar9 »

We're not banning any potions with this change (although you're free to suggest that in a separate thread.)

You will be prohibited from entering the pvp world with any enchanted items in your armor slots or on your hotbar. Once in there, you will be unable to move enchanted items into your armor slots or hotbar. Neither Ender Chests nor enchantment tables will be banned, as you will be unable to place items from these into your hotbar.

In the event that someone finds a way to bypass these restrictions, it will be at our discretion as for what to do. Likely would be a warning the first time, ban on repeat offense.
SilasOfBorg
Donator

Post by SilasOfBorg »

Yukar9 wrote:We're not banning any potions with this change (although you're free to suggest that in a separate thread.)

You will be prohibited from entering the pvp world with any enchanted items in your armor slots or on your hotbar. Once in there, you will be unable to move enchanted items into your armor slots or hotbar. Neither Ender Chests nor enchantment tables will be banned, as you will be unable to place items from these into your hotbar.

In the event that someone finds a way to bypass these restrictions, it will be at our discretion as for what to do. Likely would be a warning the first time, ban on repeat offense.
Excellent, that's exactly how I'd hoped it would work.
Cinnabars
[rawr]

Post by Cinnabars »

I've read through this and my main concern is that I won't be able to trade enchanted items through /world anymore. My suggestion to fix this is to negate all enchantment effects (or just some) within the pvp world. This means that full protection IV diamond armor will act like regular, unenchanted, diamond armor. If weapons are also to be changed, the same thing would apply to those (ie sharpness V diamond sword acts like an unenchanted diamond sword). I'm pretty sure this will eliminate the ability for players to cheat the system and bring in or equip enchanted items. Once players return to the regular world, enchanted items will function normally again.

As mentioned before, I think there should be a warning when entering /world. However, I think the warning should tell players that all (or some) enchantments will be negated. I think this accomplishes the goal of equalizing pvp again without destroying trade.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

You didn't read it enough.

You can't have enchanted items in your hotbar or equipment slots. Other than that you can place them into your inventory and remove them from there as well to trade enchanted gear.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

That is correct. You will still be able to trade enchanted items (and make them, for that matter.) But you will not be able to use them.
Cinnabars
[rawr]

Post by Cinnabars »

I guess I'm just suggesting a different way of implementing the enchantments ban. If you allow players to equip enchanted items but make the enchantments do nothing, then that bane of arthropods sword that's been laying around collecting dust can actually be used. Also, this would make it so that players don't need 2 sets of armor or weapons. Any enchanted items can be used as regular tools or armor in /world. I'm not sure if writing a plugin like this would be more difficult than writing one that makes enchanted items non-equipable, but I like the idea of being able to use my junk swords or armor in pvp.
FoSchnizzleTheSecond
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by FoSchnizzleTheSecond »

I'm in favor of what Yukar has proposed.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

Cinnabars wrote:I guess I'm just suggesting a different way of implementing the enchantments ban. If you allow players to equip enchanted items but make the enchantments do nothing, then that bane of arthropods sword that's been laying around collecting dust can actually be used. Also, this would make it so that players don't need 2 sets of armor or weapons. Any enchanted items can be used as regular tools or armor in /world. I'm not sure if writing a plugin like this would be more difficult than writing one that makes enchanted items non-equipable, but I like the idea of being able to use my junk swords or armor in pvp.
You can remove enchantments on something by combining in a crafting table with another object of the same type. You can use that arthropods sword to repair another diamond sword.
el_andres96

Post by el_andres96 »

When are we implementing this?
deflowvesper

Post by deflowvesper »

very soon