Thoughts on a new map?

General simplicitypvp.net related topics
utuoo2234
[rawr]

Re: Thoughts on a new map?

Post by utuoo2234 »

TOTAL RESET I did bring this up a few weeks ago; however, I only recieved negative comments. Map reset no carry overs
deflowvesper
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by deflowvesper »

If there was a magical mod or anyway to store most of our items is a very large enderchest that has the amount of 15 - 20 double chests and have yukar save our enderchest before the reset, i'd say yes.
TLRedemption
Noob

Post by TLRedemption »

deflowvesper wrote:If there was a magical mod or anyway to store most of our items is a very large enderchest that has the amount of 15 - 20 double chests and have yukar save our enderchest before the reset, i'd say yes.
This isn't the first time Yukar has moved over creations and people's chests, he made a storage room and he would teleport chests with items to the storage room and mark them with the owner's name IIRC. Then after the reset you'd just send him a PM and he'd teleport the chests to you. Only issue is creating the room, wouldn't be that hard though. I don't remember exactly how it went because this occurred around the time hunger and such was introduced.
DakkaDok
OP

Post by DakkaDok »

Im not sure about a map reset.
I like the fact that this map is so damn old. It has ancient stuff on it, and i like the ruined spawn as well.
I personally don't have any great builds or stuff, so it wouldn't hit me that hard, but i guess some people might just quit playing, and i don't wanna risk that.
On the other hand, restarting on a new map would be nice.
If we would actually do a reset, maybe bring back the border too, So people don't move several 100k out again?
A. Pippenger
in diamond armor

Post by A. Pippenger »

I definitely don't like this idea at all. Partly because I'm building and have already built some large projects that I like a lot, and partly because I love exploring the map and finding things other people have built. The map has a sense of history, and I really like that. Even if every current base was saved, we'd lose all the ancient ruins that give the server so much character. Also, I really don't think anything being added is that interesting. The new biomes are kinda cool, but not worth destroying everything here. And I don't think that in the long term it would bring more people to spawn. All the experienced players would mess around there for a few weeks, then head a hundred thousand out like before. Spawn isn't a crappy place to live because it's been around a long time, it's crappy because you get griefed there instantly and everyone who knows what they're doing stays far away. I started in May when spawn was as shitty as ever and had some great teamwork experiences, probably even better because I had to struggle to survive with other people in such a hard environment.

All I can really say is that I am 100% opposed to this idea, I would totally freak out if it happened, and I don't think most of the arguments in favor of it are very logical.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

If you want to be in the center of the update, wait for the PvP world to be reset or play singleplayer, don't waste everyone's time by destroying everything that's ever been created on this server in a large timespan.
Brntrogdor
[rawr]

Post by Brntrogdor »

I say no to the complete map reset, that is a ridiculous idea!

It would be very much like being griefed... but doing it to yourself for no reason whatsoever. (Severate...)

Really, if you want multiplayer interaction, we have /events and /world for that.
If you want the new update, we will have a new /world for that soon I'm sure.
If you want horses, well screw you! Go play some single player where they aren't 100% bug infested and glitchy.

After the last base I was a part of got griefed I basically gave up for a month or so, I didn't care to come back... eventually did but still, don't know that I would again now that I finally have a small base going again.

Again, I say No.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

I personally am opposed to a reset, of any kind, as well.

This is a longterm server. One of our best qualities is that people can build here freely without having to worry about admins shutting down or ruining them over. This is what allowes people to make such incredible builds despite griefing being allowed.

With regards to the new content in 1.7, I find it pointless. I personally value the countless hours of work from the nearly 100 thousand people who have been on this server a lot more than some autogenerated stuff that is identical to what anybody could experience in singleplayer. I don't think it's worthwhile to throw away a human's creations in favor of a computer's. This longevity is exactly what has created this community.

With regards to the fun of everyone starting over, I entirely respect the desire for this. It can be extremely fun. I do not however believe that a reset is the best way to accomplish this. A restart will only do it temporarily, so we would have to continually restart it. I think it would be much better to think of ideas that do not involve resetting the main server. For example, one idea would be dpylz' old hc idea; a second server with deathban that is restarted every week.
Immerone
[rawr]

Post by Immerone »

In the interest of everyone who would appriciate new terrain, and starting over, contact me or miniwimi to apply for the expedition of new terrain. We will create another glorious community settlement in the newly generated terrain. A fresh start for those who'd like.
kickem
in iron armor

Post by kickem »

There are good and bad things about resetting

For one, people have worked for ages to get where they are and to get rid of all of that would be plain evil

But also it would be nice to see other people in the normal world, but thats not gonna happen anytime soon because everyone is so scattered and distanced that it is no fun.

I wasnt there when the world border was still there but i dont think it should have gone. Maybe a separate server for 1.7.2? maybe keep dpy's server online for those who want 1.7.2 and leave this one as it is?