Ban Nether Roof Travel

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started

[OFFICIAL] Disallow going above the nether top?

Poll ended at Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:13 pm

Yes
47%
No
53%

Total votes: 32

LoneSoldier55
Moron

Re: Ban Nether Roof Travel

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

Also any spots on the roof that have generated objects become a darker shade of lighting because of how the lighting updates.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

Irrelevant.
Immerone
[rawr]

Post by Immerone »

Firstly, shrooms on the nether roof would still spawn as long as you've generated the chunks, not necessarely ontop of nether. End of that discussion.

Second, I personally do not think travelling above nether should be banned. Im not really a fan of using that technique, but if I were to travel far, I would use it. As all others who have used it already. My point is, this is an anarchy server, safety should not be guaranteed, which it is, if you were quick enugh to travel 300 000 blocks above nether and then get it bannable. Why would we make this bannable by now? If we didn't want this, why didn't we react when it got noticed? Because everyone who now bitch about it loved it!

At last, persons who doesn't play on the server's oppinion should be left out. They have no use of the changes and are only trying to get some kind of wierd attention and feeling of power which they lack in their personal lives. Amen.
Immerone
[rawr]

Post by Immerone »

Yukar9 wrote:For this to take effect, I'd like a concrete proposal to be formulated.

Do we want to consider it a glitch? Do we want to consider it a hack? Do we want to add a fourth rule forbidding it?

This is without doubt a glitch. (Everyone bitching about it not being have missed the whole meaning of bedrock.)
It's not to be considered a hack, and should therefore not be treated as such.
There's a ton of reasons it should not be a bannable offense, and only one for it to be.
Basehunting is a ridiculous idea, really.
No fourth rule.
Immerone
[rawr]

Post by Immerone »

mitte90 wrote:u cant just say if u dont like it dont use it.. if u stop using it others get an advantage over u.
and its not just for my sake i want it removed.. infact i use it all the time but i believe it is harming the server by spreading the population out

Does meateaters have an advantage over vegans? In my oppinion, yes. Technically, no.
If the nether roof travel should be taken away, we should have a reset of all beds and all locations.
People who live 400k out, tough luck. You voted this through. You must have to prove that you're able to get to that location without the nether roof, by going there without the nether roof.
Futher more, all records of longest travelling should be reset.
If we didn't want to harm the server by making people spread out, we shouldn't have taken away the border.

Finally, this late Sunday, this might go hand in hand with a world reset. Creating new rules from the beginning. No advantages.
mitte90
OP

Post by mitte90 »

Immerone wrote:
mitte90 wrote:u cant just say if u dont like it dont use it.. if u stop using it others get an advantage over u.
and its not just for my sake i want it removed.. infact i use it all the time but i believe it is harming the server by spreading the population out

Does meateaters have an advantage over vegans? In my oppinion, yes. Technically, no.
If the nether roof travel should be taken away, we should have a reset of all beds and all locations.
People who live 400k out, tough luck. You voted this through. You must have to prove that you're able to get to that location without the nether roof, by going there without the nether roof.
Futher more, all records of longest travelling should be reset.
If we didn't want to harm the server by making people spread out, we shouldn't have taken away the border.

Finally, this late Sunday, this might go hand in hand with a world reset. Creating new rules from the beginning. No advantages.

we dont need to reset bads and locations.. let them stay where they are.
the border forced people to a little area thats why it was not liked. we dont force people closer but instead ask them nicely to. if u want to live far away go ahead but damn u have to walk there.
can we please take one thing at the time a reset have already been shoot down
KennyKatsu
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by KennyKatsu »

Immerone wrote:Firstly, shrooms on the nether roof would still spawn as long as you've generated the chunks, not necessarely ontop of nether.
What?! They would spawn on nether roof, but not necessarily on the nether roof?
Immerone
[rawr]

Post by Immerone »

KennyKatsu wrote:
Immerone wrote:Firstly, shrooms on the nether roof would still spawn as long as you've generated the chunks, not necessarely ontop of nether.
What?! They would spawn on nether roof, but not necessarily on the nether roof?
You don't have to be on the roof for them to spawn on the roof ._.
morl0ck
pinko commie bastard

Post by morl0ck »

I'm pretty sure the mushrooms is how Infamous2 found el_andres96's base. When visiting I noticed clusters of them around his portal but didn't think anything of it. After he found it via nether roof knew that the mushrooms must have given it away. Without them inf would have to come within 100 blocks to see the portal.
Immerone
[rawr]

Post by Immerone »

Dude. El had horses above the roof..
Not so suspicious is it?