Ban Nether Roof Travel

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started

[OFFICIAL] Disallow going above the nether top?

Poll ended at Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:13 pm

Yes
47%
No
53%

Total votes: 32

KennyKatsu
hated the previously assigned rank

Re: Ban Nether Roof Travel

Post by KennyKatsu »

Vote added
KennyKatsu
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by KennyKatsu »

I hope everyone votes because they want it. Not because a friend asked to.
TLRedemption
Noob

Post by TLRedemption »

KennyKatsu wrote:I hope everyone votes because they want it. Not because a friend asked to.
I agree, don't be an asshat and mindlessly vote what people tell you to vote. When is this poll going to end?
Brntrogdor
[rawr]

Post by Brntrogdor »

The is about the same retardedness with which we voted on "restarting the entire map"
If it was a glitch that was not intended to be in the game they would have fixed it by now, it does not give one player an advantage over another player since anyone can do it. If we are going to ban Nether roof Travel then why not ban PVP logging too? Anyone can do it whether it was meant to be a part of the game or not.
Sure, I'm raging a bit, I just learned how to travel on the nether roof and I don't want to be screwed over by people who HAVE BEEN using it for a long time!
mitte90
OP

Post by mitte90 »

if we was able to fix combat logging in a easy and good way we would probly do it.. it have been diskused but no good solution was found.
Brntrogdor
[rawr]

Post by Brntrogdor »

Ban anyone who combat logs for 7 days.
IF it happens again, perma ban
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

Mojang cannot stop without some form of loss on both parties the effects of Combat Logging. How are you supposed to tell when someone is logging in or logging out if it is in combat or not? It would create much trouble and to be honest, Mojang has bigger things to do, like squeezing more sheckles out of their dying game and fanbase.

Just because you just found out about it, and it's been around since, what? Official Release? Doesn't mean that you should be allowed to exploit it for as long as people have already. Just because you're a slowpoke is not going to be a liablilty on me, you can fuck right off.
Brntrogdor
[rawr]

Post by Brntrogdor »

I wasn't talking about Mojang doing something, but rather on our server when someone got caught Logging.

Lone you've used it... you have no right to fight against it.
Brntrogdor
[rawr]

Post by Brntrogdor »

One last thing before I head out for the day...

If this vote were to pass, I then be in favor of a total map reset as well as removing the PVP world... since it is basically used in a similar manor as the nether roof even if it isn't a glitch it is not a vanilla part of the game unlike this "glitch" as you call it.
Then I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be back on this server.
A. Pippenger
in diamond armor

Post by A. Pippenger »

I don't think we should ban it. It lets there be a lot more travel and collaboration between people who live far away. If it was banned, I might not be able to get anyone else to come help at my base. Plus, it's been used for a long time, and I don't like large disruptive changes.

I've never actually done it. I tried it once, died, told my computer to fuck itself, and then boated a hundred thousand blocks instead. It wouldn't personally affect me very much. It's a part of the overall server though, so I think we should keep it.