Ban Nether Roof Travel

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started

[OFFICIAL] Disallow going above the nether top?

Poll ended at Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:13 pm

Yes
47%
No
53%

Total votes: 32

deflowvesper
hated the previously assigned rank

Re: Ban Nether Roof Travel

Post by deflowvesper »

Yukar9 wrote:or, just warn people for doing it, and teleport them back down.
Players will still have the opportunity to sneak up to the roof if an admin is busy or not present. Is it not possible to add the "suffocate/fell of the world" effect and add a warn when players enter the nether?
KennyKatsu

Post by KennyKatsu »

deflowvesper wrote:
Yukar9 wrote:or, just warn people for doing it, and teleport them back down.
Players will still have the opportunity to sneak up to the roof if an admin is busy or not present. Is it not possible to add the "suffocate/fell of the world" effect and add a warn when players enter the nether?
I'd rather not get a warning every time I go to the nether x_X
KennyKatsu

Post by KennyKatsu »

It got confirmed as a bug :D https://mojang.atlassian.net/browse/MC-40042 (Though it'll probably get fixed in 5 million years)
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Players also have the opportunity to use other cheats without being banned when there's no admin on.
Brntrogdor
[rawr]

Post by Brntrogdor »

KennyKatsu wrote:It got confirmed as a bug :D https://mojang.atlassian.net/browse/MC-40042 (Though it'll probably get fixed in 5 million years)
Notice there are no "Votes for this issue" on that page... No one wants it fixed, it helps everyone.
KennyKatsu

Post by KennyKatsu »

Brntrogdor wrote:
KennyKatsu wrote:It got confirmed as a bug :D https://mojang.atlassian.net/browse/MC-40042 (Though it'll probably get fixed in 5 million years)
Notice there are no "Votes for this issue" on that page... No one wants it fixed, it helps everyone.
I mean out of the 3000 bugs reported I don't really expect anyone to notice that specific bug report
TLRedemption
Noob

Post by TLRedemption »

Brntrogdor wrote:
utuoo2234
[rawr]

Post by utuoo2234 »

Traveling ontop of the nether is pure vanilla. IT has been here pretty much since 1.8 and I think if Mojang did not want it in the game and if it were a glitch it would have been removed by now. Traveling by nether allows people to travel much faster and anyone can do it it is completely fair.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Traveling on top of the nether has only been here since the map height was increased. 1.2? or something.
TLRedemption
Noob

Post by TLRedemption »

utuoo2234 wrote:Traveling ontop of the nether is pure vanilla. IT has been here pretty much since 1.8 and I think if Mojang did not want it in the game and if it were a glitch it would have been removed by now. Traveling by nether allows people to travel much faster and anyone can do it it is completely fair.
Just a tip, it's good to read through this thread and check if your argument has already been made and countered, which it more or less has been already.