Not good perspectives

General simplicitypvp.net related topics
EggThief
in iron armor

Re: Not good perspectives

Post by EggThief »

deflowvesper wrote:
miniwimi wrote:Maybe reset spawn in a 250 radius every month?
Reseting every month is just ridiculous. If this idea were to be supported and eventually accepted, i would prefer a one time reset 1k radius around spawn. it does seem pretty lonely that we hardly get new players in the server, its been a month(or more) since we've had Wolfbitten join the server and ever since then we barely get new players stay for more than 10 minutes.

Why is that ridiculous? No one builds things within 250 blocks of spawn that they're not okay with losing. I don't know how often it should be reset but that's not something we'll know for sure until we see how fast it gets depleted.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

Mattias480 wrote:It's boring. All players are far away(10 players?), new ones doesn't want to stay because, nobody is there, or they get killed by the old players that have alternate nicks. Of course they are wearing the best armor and weapons for the hard kill. Which are noobs, who doesn't have anything. All older players have gone far away from spawn, to build there and be safe alone or with a partner. Map is ugly near spawn. The only value of this wasteland, is that it reflects the age of server and that it's anarchy. When bukkit updates, nothing changes. Some oldies who may be near spawn, still move away to new biomes, which are 10's of thousands blocks away. These facts are not very welcoming to new players as well. Looks like, the only point is to kill or troll newbies or to drive them away.. This server really needs a change or some advertising..Reset near spawn, or something else, that's nothing new and has discussed before. I just wanted to say what i think. Also i dont understand why people don't vote, it takes only few minutes and helps to promote the server.
Cry some more about it faggot.
deflowvesper
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by deflowvesper »

miniwimi wrote:But seriously. I think you all consider a 250 radius Every month or Every second week. That'd probably get more players to stay and more fun. As Egg said, no one has anything important within 250 blocks.
So I think It's a good idea.
i do not see the point of resetting a map radius regardless of its condition. what if noobs made a temporary base within the radius and was not informed of the reset? to be frank some of us are ignorant and has no concern towards newbies so giving out warnings each time to new players is not possible, sure yukar can just add a warning message in the chat each time you log in but imagine the flood it will cause, we are not even centain if they will bother to read them, they can't even read /rules. So if there were to be a reset, do it 1 time only or suggest another one.
worldruler086

Post by worldruler086 »

Morlock, having survived the spawn at 2b2t, I'd have to disagree. A bad spawn just makes me want to move farther and faster, not turn me off completely. I survived, though 2b2t isn't a perfect server. The fact that hackers were allowed also made things worse. That said I wouldn't mind a spawn reset and/or the signs giving FAQ's
KennyKatsu

Post by KennyKatsu »

I liked struggling to get out from spawn and to survive when out of it. It made it more of an challenge.
KennyKatsu

Post by KennyKatsu »

Doesn't sound bad. Should we have a seperate thread for it then?
EggThief
in iron armor

Post by EggThief »

deflowvesper wrote: i do not see the point of resetting a map radius regardless of its condition. what if noobs made a temporary base within the radius and was not informed of the reset? to be frank some of us are ignorant and has no concern towards newbies so giving out warnings each time to new players is not possible, sure yukar can just add a warning message in the chat each time you log in but imagine the flood it will cause, we are not even centain if they will bother to read them, they can't even read /rules. So if there were to be a reset, do it 1 time only or suggest another one.
If a noob makes a base within that radius of spawn I don't think a spawn reset it what is going to destroy it. Other players will get to it first.

As far as alerting people it could be another FAQ/sign at spawn. If players don't bother to read the rules/signs at spawn seeing as we don't have many then it's on them.