Decrease of difficulty

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started
Yukar9
Admin

Decrease of difficulty

Post by Yukar9 »

I propose we lower the servers difficulty from hard to medium, this way hunger will no longer kill, but just leave you at 0.5 health. It sorta sucks having to make the PvE even easier, but come on, it was never hard to begin with.
Bloop the poop
Moron

Re: Decrease of difficulty

Post by Bloop the poop »

I agree completely. I think you should do it Yukar, this would be a great Idea.
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

If mobs weren't all laggy and as easy to kill in SSP i wouldn't care but there have been several times where i've been fighting a zmbie and it tattally ignores myu hits and kills me with like 2 hits. It's kind of way too hard with the mob lag. In SSP i can kill a creeper with meele in SMP i start backing away defencivly and they go and blow up the spot i used to be standing in. Any how yes go a head although i like the death by starving i don't like the super mobs
Bloop the poop
Moron

Post by Bloop the poop »

Uhh, rev theres something called diamond armor and also I don't happen to have any lag. It's totally on your side...
YoungsMC
in diamond armor

Post by YoungsMC »

I really don't like this, we should keep it at hard. Hard difficulty can still be challenging for some people, and noting that people are dying of hunger, it still is challenging.
Though I am not completely opposed to adding more opportunities for survival at spawn, when we drop it to medium we are almost at the level of a "carebear" server.
Uhh, rev theres something called diamond armor and also I don't happen to have any lag. It's totally on your side...
Hold your horses- if it was on his side then he would have a low frame rate or something like that. Server lag results in frozen/lagging mobs.
Bloop the poop
Moron

Post by Bloop the poop »

Sorry, it's just that for me I interact perfectly fine with mobs, and I don't get lag from when I hit them.
SolFuji
in iron armor

Post by SolFuji »

Sometimes I was angry because I was killed by a mob when I tried something else. But I think it's good as it is. Hunger is part of the game.
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

is it all me? cuz i had this problem on every server and even when i had a bad ass internet connection. But seriously in SSP if you stand still and repetedly swing a sword at the mob it'll never land a hit on you. on this i start swinging before the mob gets near me and it still hit's me more than me it. Maybe it's just me but i still feel they never should have removed that "buggy early testing" message on SMP. i'm getting a little off topic so to recap I love starving death but not supermobs and yes diamond armor makes super mobs pussies so maybe i just shouldn't give a damn
lavadude42
[rawr]

Post by lavadude42 »

I'm against lowering the difficulty. While doing so would make getting out of spawn A LOT easier, it is still a nice little challenge to do. And with people like eric a.k.a. eggthief helping people everyday get a base set up, it isn't very hard for new players to get out assuming they are willing to accept the help. And i like the idea of having to worry about the hunger bar.
worldruler86
[rawr]

Post by worldruler86 »

lavadude42 wrote:I'm against lowering the difficulty. While doing so would make getting out of spawn A LOT easier, it is still a nice little challenge to do. And with people like eric a.k.a. eggthief helping people everyday get a base set up, it isn't very hard for new players to get out assuming they are willing to accept the help. And i like the idea of having to worry about the hunger bar.
Yeah, I mean, the limit was one thing (albeit, a very BIG thing) toward changing the server. But lowering the difficulty? That's just outrageous. If the new people joining can't survive on the server, then they wouldn't bother playing on it in the first place. Some people LIKE the challenge, and the last thing I'd want to see is us streamlining the experience so we can get quantity over quality.