Old Spawn Topics

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started
SolFuji
in iron armor

Re: My Opposition to the New Spawn

Post by SolFuji »

As said somewhere else: I don't like the idea of having a place to go (back) to and being safe from killing. Where is the survival in it? Where would be the benefit either?
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

i don't understand why people stay at spawn but if that's what they feel like doing who cares. I don't think any players that are out there making a go of it return to spawn just to be safe.
YoungsMC
in diamond armor

Post by YoungsMC »

RevStoningpot wrote:i don't understand why people stay at spawn but if that's what they feel like doing who cares. I don't think any players that are out there making a go of it return to spawn just to be safe.
It probably hasn't happened many times yet, but we can easily say that's because there hasn't been many fights recently.
It's definitely made an impact for me a few times though.

I've seen people at spawn I could easily engage in combat with, but they either quickly ran into the safe zone or were already in it.
I'd also like to make a note about trading.

Now, most people are trading at spawn. What happened to the not being able to tell if your trader would kill you?
People have been backstabbed in trades many times and now we've lost another part of anarchy/vanilla to the new spawn.
worldruler86
[rawr]

Post by worldruler86 »

YoungsMC wrote:
RevStoningpot wrote:i don't understand why people stay at spawn but if that's what they feel like doing who cares. I don't think any players that are out there making a go of it return to spawn just to be safe.
It probably hasn't happened many times yet, but we can easily say that's because there hasn't been many fights recently.
It's definitely made an impact for me a few times though.

I've seen people at spawn I could easily engage in combat with, but they either quickly ran into the safe zone or were already in it.
I'd also like to make a note about trading.

Now, most people are trading at spawn. What happened to the not being able to tell if your trader would kill you?
People have been backstabbed in trades many times and now we've lost another part of anarchy/vanilla to the new spawn.
I think we lost the whole "vanilla" concept after we passed the limit. I tend to be iffy on spawn. The spawn is an interesting thing, as it both is exempt, yet also representative, to the rules of the server. spawn can be many things. A warzone people only go to die, a trading bazaar, simply a landmark, it can be ANYTHING. Now, I'd prefer no protection zone, but I won't freak if we add one. I don't go to spawn, nor will I ever. once again, the issue is "What server are we?". Some people act like that's a simple answer, but if things such as this is a big controversy, we really don't have a clear answer.
YoungsMC
in diamond armor

Post by YoungsMC »

I think we lost the whole "vanilla" concept after we passed the limit. I tend to be iffy on spawn. The spawn is an interesting thing, as it both is exempt, yet also representative, to the rules of the server. spawn can be many things. A warzone people only go to die, a trading bazaar, simply a landmark, it can be ANYTHING. Now, I'd prefer no protection zone, but I won't freak if we add one. I don't go to spawn, nor will I ever. once again, the issue is "What server are we?". Some people act like that's a simple answer, but if things such as this is a big controversy, we really don't have a clear answer.
Yeah there should probably be a vote to repeal the limit soon. I think overall people want this server to be pseudo-vanilla anarchy.
But that means we have to atleast try to have as much vanilla as possible without doing anything unreasonable.

People voted for the map limit because they favored they wanted to see more "anarchy" rather than vanilla.
The spawn really was a loss of both vanilla and anarchy.

Not everyone will see the server the same way, but I think a protected area doesn't fit with most people's thoughts on what the server is.
worldruler86
[rawr]

Post by worldruler86 »

YoungsMC wrote:
Yeah there should probably be a vote to repeal the limit soon. I think overall people want this server to be pseudo-vanilla anarchy.
But that means we have to atleast try to have as much vanilla as possible without doing anything unreasonable.

People voted for the map limit because they favored they wanted to see more "anarchy" rather than vanilla.
The spawn really was a loss of both vanilla and anarchy.

Not everyone will see the server the same way, but I think a protected area doesn't fit with most people's thoughts on what the server is.
As much as I'll give the majority it's time of shine, we shouldn't talk as if it was a big majority. The vote was 48-46, so this was certainly a big issue. I voted against it for both anarchy and vanilla. To me, anarchy simply means little to no rules. I actually like it if the only rule is simply "no hacking". everything else is up in the air. But yeah, the spawn is a loss of both, but, at least to me, so was the limit. It was a loss of anarchy because of the concept of "you can go wherever you want (something anarchy is for), as long as you're in 5k. (something it ISN'T against)" Not only that, but we're cracking down on players who are going through the limit in some areas as if they were hacking. That's unacceptable. To all those people saying "we're voting our freedom away", who I just went "they're crazy", well, that seems like what we're doing. I think the limit was a step toward purely pvp, which I understand the server MAY be going toward, but I felt the server was much more anarchy/vanilla. (tbh, the two are almost synonymous imo) But we were here talking about the spawn. I think we should have votes, and also surveys on what is the biggest issue. Only then will I feel I'm not completely powerless.
YoungsMC
in diamond armor

Post by YoungsMC »

Well this thread isn't about the map limit so I think a good general consensus would be:

It's not good to lose vanilla or anarchy unless you have a good reason. Whether there is a good reason for the map limit is debatable, same thing for the new spawn.
worldruler86
[rawr]

Post by worldruler86 »

YoungsMC wrote:Well this thread isn't about the map limit so I think a good general consensus would be:

It's not good to lose vanilla or anarchy unless you have a good reason. Whether there is a good reason for the map limit is debatable, same thing for the new spawn.
Yeah, I apologize for talking about the limit, it was more to describe my views on the issues that are also with the spawn. I for one am against a protected spawn. However, I'm not so against it that I'd leave the server for it.
Bloop the poop
Moron

Post by Bloop the poop »

If this server went down permanently I would prob not play MC anymore- this is my only server, and I love it. 11/10
TLRedemption
Noob

Post by TLRedemption »

Indeed, it's hard to find a server like this.