Permanently banned for being outside the world limit

Report hackers, or find out why you were banned
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Permanently banned for being outside the world limit

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

I was banned for being outside the 5K world limit (hanging around -21K -21K). This, I understand, is in violation of rule #2 of the server. I do not think that a permanent ban was appropriate, and I was hoping that you could lift said ban and instead reset my position to spawn. Therefore, if I am caught outside the 5K limit again, I would fully accept a permanent ban. Also, the same would apply to being suspected of using glitches and mods to my advantage.

I've never seen a server quite like this one, where people don't hide behind locked chests and protected blocks. I like this server a lot, and most of the people that play in it. I'll settle for anything that will allow me to play, including killing me and resetting me at spawn. I'll start with a bare inventory, that's fine.

Thanks for considering this appeal.

Last edited by LoneSoldier55 on Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Xestia
OP

Re: Permanently banned for being outside the world limit

Post by Xestia »

Hi, I'm the admin who banned you.

My basis for the ban was: Going past the boundary is glitching, it's an unintentional side-effect. As are chunk errors, which despite not happening entirely at the user's will, are still glitches, and have been quite clearly described (albeit not ingame sadly) as not being allowed. Additionally raiding 3 bases outside the boundary is a bit suspect, considering they were supposedly found via chunk errors.

I don't decide appeals, that's just my side.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

The first base I raided was an abandoned and destoryed town, completely above ground, of which had not much of value. The Second base was Peter_Van's home, along with Star's home, as well as possibly Pancake_Bear's house, also in the form of a town, complete with stone slab walkways fenced off, which did have quite a bit of value, but most of it was on Peter, whom I killed and reset everyone's spawn inside the base. There I obtained about 16 stacks of iron, and about 36 diamonds. The Third base I caught a glimpse of lights very far underground, although through a chunk error lead me to the discovery of this base. Of value was 5 diamonds, 2 stacks of iron and gold. I did mark the coordinates of several places of interest, including all three of those bases, as well as a nether portal that is outside the boundary limit.

Also, upon attempting to connect to the server whilst banned, I get the message "Received a string over the limit. 103 > 100."

I completely understand your side of the argument, though a few points are misinformed, it is still accurate.
Bloop the poop
Moron

Post by Bloop the poop »

First of all please tell us which points are "misinformed". You had already been suspected of using the x-ray mod and I find it highly suspicious that every time you had a chunk error a base would show up. When I asked you about it you said you were running on your 2Ghz comp, but that's not much of an excuse. I have a 1.9Ghz laptop that I play mc on, and I don't get some massive chunk error every five seconds. Also, Minecraft doesn't really need a computer with massive processing power to play on unless you're running LB photo realism on it dude......

My point is that I find a few of your excuses for finding all these bases quite suspicious, and if you had used a chunk error that IS abusing rule 2, which involves abusing glitches. And you did it three times. If you're going to lie, get you're story straight bro.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

I didn't do it three times. I said the first base I raided was a completely above ground town. The second base was peter's completely above ground town. The Third base was an underground base that I found via a chunk error <- being completely honest.

Computer Specs I was running:
750 Watt Power supply
Geforce 460x
Intel dual core @ 3Ghz with liquid cooling
P5N-D mother board
4 Gb of Ram

Problem being, trying to run the render distance on far gives me the 32 bit java warning. Running the game for extended periods of time causes the game to eventually crash because it can't accolate enough memory. I usually have to restart the game or give it some extra processing power via task manager.

Misinformed points:

- That I used chunk errors to find and raid three bases. I thought I made it clear in the last post that the first two were completely above ground. The third one was by a very large cobblestone abandoned castle, around -11K -11K. It lead me to suspect something was there, so I started digging about. I came to a hill, outside to the north of the base that hadn't loaded properly, and peeked into it. I was looking for dungeons, or anything else of interest. Instead I found some glowstone farms and a large library. At first I thought it was a stronghold, but it was someone's base. The base had a sliding piston door mechanism for an entrance.

- The only mods that I use are Rei's Minimap, which has been approved.

I was traveling in a diagonal line from -5000, -5000, keeping the coordinates the same (or attempting to). I initally left the boundary by ender pearl at 5000, 5000, and proceeded to head to 10000, 10000. However, I decided to explore the double negatives instead. I therefore went back to 6000, 6000, sailed to 6000, -5000. On this way, there were some land masses I had to walk on by foot. On one of them was the first base. Then I sailed to -6000, -6000 (to bypass the barrier). Then I continued in the aforementioned pattern. I kept sailing and got to a landmass at -9000, -9000. I continued on foot, and at approximately -9500, -9700, I saw what I though was an NPC village, but quickly discovered it was somebody's home. I raided the home and then killed peter when he logged on. I also destroyed the beds of the base.

Peter told me there was a stash somewhere in the base. By this time after all the traveling, my PC was getting to the point where chunks were starting to load erratically, due to the fact I had been milling back and forth through the town, visiting each location, attempting to raid whatever was of value. I peered into a chunk error and found a chest under the church. I dug to it, but it didn't have anything useful to say the least.

After I decided to move on, I continued on the pattern I was on. There was another land mass near -11,000 , -11,000. I walked on it, north (according to the direction on the minimap) and found the large cobblestone castle. Once again, chucks were still not loading correctly. That is how I found the underground base.

Let me tell you, this is a completely honest point of view. I would have kept Peter's chest to myself, but I've decided not to. I hope this fully informs you what has happened, and I'm not going to try and lie my way out of it.

If you want approval of this route, I can give you the coordinates off of Rei's minimap that I marked, although I'm giving very rough estimates of the locations of these places, all but only peter's base do I know where they are for sure.
lavadude42
[rawr]

Post by lavadude42 »

In the short time that i talked to lonesoldier, i have found out that he a one persistent little bastard. He would not stop looking for Eden haha. But really, i think he deserves another chance. He did after all bring the ender pearls to our attention.
Bloop the poop
Moron

Post by Bloop the poop »

Well, how about this. If he gets unbanned he can still be punished. Here's my proposal:

A) He becomes slain and loses all his stuff that he has on hand, and me or one of the other admins burn it in lava
B) His bed is destroyed so his spawn is reset and he will not be able to get back to his base if it is beyond the map limit.
C) He cannot have his base moved inside the limit if it is outside.
D) If he is ever caught going outside the limit again he is permabanned, PERMA

So ultimately he loses all his stuff and has to start out all over again and cannot go back home. If anybody wants to contribute to this or wants to change, submit their own opinion on this feel free too. I personally think he does deserve a second chance.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

Well that pretty much poops in my corn flakes on attempting to find Eden, but it is far better than being banned. I'll agree to this without resistance.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

I'll unban as it appears from chatlog he really was unaware he wasn't allowed to do what he was doing.

We'll make it more clear ingame about the rules.