exiting minecart

General minecraft related topics
doobz
wannabe troll, flaming us by entering arbitrary words in capslock

exiting minecart

Post by doobz »

After doing a little homework it seems this issue has been around since 1.7.2, basically that upon exit you will teleport away from your minecart and this can lead to all sorts of shenanigans. I never really noticed until a more recent build of rails in the nether, if i get out the cart i get teleported into the air and fall to a fiery lava death. Which pretty much fucks the whole build. I thought this issue was at least partially resolved by 1.7.5 by decreasing the distance you teleport to 2 blocks, but doing a little testing i still get dropped off 3 blocks away. Anything that can be done about this? Annoying when you build something that straight up doesn't function and requires some crazy rework.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Re: exiting minecart

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

Send jeb 300 anonymous emails telling him to get off his fat ass and fix the game.

Or widen your tunnel.
morl0ck
pinko commie bastard

Re: exiting minecart

Post by morl0ck »

Yep, this is the bug that fucks up my minecart elevator. When exiting the minecart I get teleported through the wall of my tower, hovering mid-air over the moat. I managed to implement a (very unsightly) workaround by placing a trapdoor under the landing location on all 15 floors.