New Server Provider Lag

General simplicitypvp.net related topics
jayaypiel
[rawr]

New Server Provider Lag

Post by jayaypiel »

So about a month ago Yukar made the announcement that he would be switching server providers (or something along those lines). Since the switch there have several lag spikes, some to which I'll admit are player caused (caused by mob grinding and whatnot) but some lag spikes are completely server-side. From what others say and from what I've experienced myself the server shuts down for a few minutes several times a day. After logging back in after one of the said "shut downs" we are warped back a certain increment of time, this increment of time varies per shut down. Is all this occuring b/c of the server switch? And if so, what will be done?

On another, yet somewhat related note, does anyone else experience what I'm calling "item lag"? I am not entirely sure if this is just me or others as well but when I'm crafting something sometimes the result isnt there until a few seconds later. Also, when I'm switching things around they sometimes disappear for a sec or two then suddenly appear somewhere or are just thrown as if i pressed "q". Sometimes very rarely they dont appear at all and usually logging out and back in will help but there are times where things were lost completely even though i scoured the area for what could've been a dropped item caused by "item lag". Now, this may just be me but if anyone else experiences this please post b/c if you do then maybe it's server-side as well.
jayaypiel
[rawr]

Re: New Server Provider Lag

Post by jayaypiel »

How can I do that?
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

jayaypiel wrote:How can I do that?
Protip, don't do what he says.
mitte90
OP

Post by mitte90 »

is it really ok for lyser to try to scam people on the forum? seen him try 2 times now.. ofcource a iptrace is not that serius but he still want the ip for something
jayaypiel
[rawr]

Post by jayaypiel »

Ok lyser's an idiot, got it. Now back to topic please
Not Brntrogdor
[rawr]

Post by Not Brntrogdor »

I have witnessed a few of the crashes on server... lately though it has been up more and down less but with a massive lag as a side effect.
I've also had the item lag as you call it, I just open and close my inventory a couple times and that seems to sort it out, then I go on about what I was doing.

It's not like we never had lag/crashes before, they just seem to be more reliable now.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

Yukar didn't tell you shit, shut up faggot.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

lyser is blocked again. Now let's get back to the lag.