/worlding while next to friendlies

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started
jayaypiel
[rawr]

/worlding while next to friendlies

Post by jayaypiel »

Read before replying.
My suggestion is that we each have a list that gives others permission to /world while within 50 blocks. Thweetneth and I are friends and we play together all the time on the server but sometimes when I make a deal to trade I can't world without moving or asking him to log.
My suggestion is simply this:
1. That we each have a list that allows the other to /world
ex. I put on my list that neth can /world then he can /world near me but that doesn't necessarily mean that I can /world while near him, unless he gives the ok as well
2. Its hidden to everyone but myself
ex. Neth is currently "safe" to /world but suddenly i decide i want to backstab, so i switch him back to "unsafe", however he is completely unaware unless he checks.

If its possible and most people want this, then why not implement? I can understand that this isn't Vanilla but neither is /world. If it's a No from Yukar then i won't complain but I'd like to hear others thoughts on this idea.
A. Pippenger
in diamond armor

Re: /worlding while next to friendlies

Post by A. Pippenger »

I think this makes a lot of sense, it's annoying to have to move away from allies when we're at a base together and I need to go to /world. And as long as you can turn it off whenever you want it doesn't mess up combat or "social engineering".

I'm in favor of this idea.
mitte90
OP

Post by mitte90 »

as long as both need to have each other on their list to have any effect im for it and be willing to implement it if yukar dont have time
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

I think it adds complexity to the server, but I do see the need for it.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

There's no "Need" for it, it's just inconvinent for people to walk a little bit when the /world.

This theoretically makes it possible to simply have someone as a walking spawnpoint.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

What do you mean makes it possible to have someone as a walking spawnpoint?
jayaypiel
[rawr]

Post by jayaypiel »

I'd actually want you to expand on this "walking spawnpoint" idea as well. If you wouldnt mind, Lone. I don't see how it acts like one so please explain.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

Jesus christ it's simple.

Person A volunteers as a spawnpoint.
Persons B & C can spawn within 50 block of that player whenever they choose
Person D becomes swamped by people simply spawning over and over near him whenever he kills them, because B can remain in 50 blocks so he can't teleport away while C fights, and they trade off when one dies so the other can respawn.
Not Brntrogdor
[rawr]

Post by Not Brntrogdor »

Lone, did you actually read the post before commenting?
jayaypiel
[rawr]

Post by jayaypiel »

Lone so what you're saying is while in world people could tp to you from the overworld (am I right?), but that wasnt what i was suggesting. I am suggesting that while in the overworld with a friend nearby that instead of walking away or asking them to log, you can /world right away. No one becomes a spawn point. I think you're refering to old /world where spawn was random but new /world there is a spawn area so it doesnt even matter. Let me know if i didnt clear that up.