/worlding while next to friendlies

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Re: /worlding while next to friendlies

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

fuckniggers i need reading glasses

I read the first line as "Being able to /world within 50 blocks of another player" and interpereted it as, "Being able to teleport to someone onto /world within 50 blocks".
jayaypiel
[rawr]

Post by jayaypiel »

Alright I'm glad it was cleared up, what do you think about it now?
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

The "Safe" and "Unsafe" thing kind of over-complicates things, there ought to be a better way to do it.
FoSchnizzle
Moron

Post by FoSchnizzle »

Well, what if /world was permanently enabled when inside the spawn in the overworld (just to make it simple for new players and such), and when you try to /world within 50 blocks the other player(s) get a 10 second message or something asking if they can confirm your /world?
jayaypiel
[rawr]

Post by jayaypiel »

LoneSoldier55 wrote:The "Safe" and "Unsafe" thing kind of over-complicates things, there ought to be a better way to do it.
Well i think it'd be better if you could type something like "/ok thweetneth" then it says something like "thweetneth is now considered friendly" then to check your own friendlies list just type "/friendlies" and it'll list them like "Current Friendlies: Thweetneth, Brntrogdor, and MrDisingenous." Anyone not on that list would just be considered unsafe and woulndt be allowed to /world with you near.
jayaypiel
[rawr]

Post by jayaypiel »

FoSchnizzle wrote:Well, what if /world was permanently enabled when inside the spawn in the overworld (just to make it simple for new players and such), and when you try to /world within 50 blocks the other player(s) get a 10 second message or something asking if they can confirm your /world?
I'd agree with the former part of that suggestion however for that latter part, i'd get just a tad annoyed if everytime Neth wanted to go to /world theres a pop-up that says "Thweetneth wants to /world, give him permission?". Also that makes it obvious whether or not you want to backstab If i say no, he's sketched out whereas if i say yes he'll think he's safe. Another thing, what if i'm afk while he wants to /world? He would just have to move and we'd be back to where we started. However i'd rather have that than nothing at all. So if mine doesnt go through you have my support for yours.
A. Pippenger
in diamond armor

Post by A. Pippenger »

Nobody has commented on here for several weeks, but I would just like to say that I think is a good idea and is fine as it was proposed in the original post. I don't think it's too complicated. Just having a command like /ok or /safe or something would be fine, I don't like the idea of having to ok it every time. That could get really annoying, especially if someone is intentionally spamming you with it.

These forums have a way of burying good suggestions under mild complaints and then forgetting about them. I just wanted to point out that I still really like this idea and would like to see it implemented as it was first suggested by Jayaypiel.
FoSchnizzle
Moron

Post by FoSchnizzle »

Now that I've got a team, and we've started collaborating on builds, I'd like to bump this. It's a pain in the ass to make someone relog while you're mining together so that someone can meet another player in /world.
Cinnabars
[rawr]

Post by Cinnabars »

I definitely think that players should be able to /world within spawn. This was always a problem for me when I was at spawn.

I think the point of have the 50 block limit is to prevent people from using /world to run away from fights, but inside the protected zone obviously that doesn't apply.

Maybe there is some strategy to having the 50 block limit apply within spawn. If so I would be interested to know it.
Elocphant
still building aboveground

Post by Elocphant »

Cinnabars wrote:I definitely think that players should be able to /world within spawn. This was always a problem for me when I was at spawn.

I think the point of have the 50 block limit is to prevent people from using /world to run away from fights, but inside the protected zone obviously that doesn't apply.

Maybe there is some strategy to having the 50 block limit apply within spawn. If so I would be interested to know it.
This completely takes away the point of having a spawn in the first place, a spawn which is a piece of crap anyways that the admins for some reason want to keep (most likely because they worked so hard on the half finished obstacle course which is a complete piece of crap anyways since most people just bring in fire resistance and enderpearls and zoom through what's finished, and for those who don't bring in fire resis or enderpearls, give up at the third stage). Just bring back random spawning so that the PVPworld isn't used to socialize in a 50x50 flat square and everyone doesn't spend 90% of their time chillaxing inside the protected spawn area.

Crap. This was not on topic at all. Who cares. I'm not deleting this.