List of Things I Want When /World gets Reset Again

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started
FoSchnizzle
Moron

Re: List of Things I Want When /World gets Reset Again

Post by FoSchnizzle »

Did you not see the elaborate wall that stood around the spawn (complete with exits, mind you), the one that stood for weeks on end without being torn down? That was a prime example of the different ways creativity manifests itself in different forms depending on the environment.
Elocphant
still building aboveground

Post by Elocphant »

If i remember correctly... that wall stood for like a week before it got TNT'd to the depths of hell. Also, the only reason why it did even stand for a week was because barely no one goes into /world and when they do go into /world all they do is hang around in the safe zone and "hump" other players by mashing shift button.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

What about the huge castle built right outside spawn? What about the upside down obsidian pyramid built a little further away? What about some of the glass houses there were around spawn in its early days?
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Okay, it appears that we agree that it needs to smaller. So how's one fourth the size it is now? That'd make the limit 500.

I will not bring back mobs unless there's a dedicated thread for it, as those were removed specifically by request.

There is clearly opposition to the central spawn. Is there also support for it or does everyone agree it's bad? Would the people who don't like it be open to have random spawning, but still have to exit through the central and protected spawn?
FoSchnizzle
Moron

Post by FoSchnizzle »

I'm in support of the protected spawn. I think that if it can be amended to suit the complaints against it (which it can) then it should stay.
Elocphant

Post by Elocphant »

No you guys don't understand. Do you know the reason why these player creations are so memorable in your minds? Because of the sheer lack of player creation. This makes it so that whenever someone does create something even remotely interesting it immediately becomes memorable. I can't even remember all the player creations in the other /worlds because there was justso many due to random spawning. There would be almost a new creation every other day in those pvpworlds AND a LOT of meaningful pvp (not just spawn hopping which is 90% of the pvp in this pvpworld). This spawn makes this server feel like one of those cheap kiddie servers and makes the community only about ten times more annoying.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

"Make less building so the buildings become more special"

Do you have any idea how ass-backwards that sounds?
Elocphant

Post by Elocphant »

What i'm saying is that the reason FoSchnizzle and Yukarion hold these "giant" castles, glass houses and fancy walls so highly is because they're the only creations that were built that were worth noting. Other PVPworlds didn't have a spawn, therefore there was alot of building because people were being spawned all over the map.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

But were there ever any creations as grand as the castle we had now? Honestly I can't think of any.
FoSchnizzle
Moron

Post by FoSchnizzle »

The best we got out of the old pvp worlds (excluding the pre-made one) was a few wool huts, maybe a treehouse here and there. There were a few long cobble skybridges, but they were very simple, and nobody tore them down simply because they were somewhat useful. Also, I was the one that tore down the majority of the elaborate wall around spawn, and I did it only because I had plans to build something better in its place (which unfortunately I never followed through on because I heard the world was being reset soon).