Moving the spawn

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started
A. Pippenger
in diamond armor

Re: Moving the spawn

Post by A. Pippenger »

Does the spawn reset include copying the original spawn to somewhere else to preserve it? If not, shouldn't it be added too?
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

I don't understand that suggestion. Move it where?
A. Pippenger
in diamond armor

Post by A. Pippenger »

It was Fo's idea. He didn't really explain it much because he has some strange personal issue with me and preferred to just call me names. Dakka mentioned it briefly on page one.

Basically the concept is to copy the old spawn before resetting it, and then move it out to like 50k or something so people can go visit. Just a way to preserve the server history and the work of players who have built there. I have built several large structures only a few hundred blocks from spawn, so I would be slightly unhappy about a reset.

It is a bit strange and unvanilla, but I think it should be on there if a plain reset is on. A total spawn reset would make some people upset, and this is a decent way to mitigate the damage I think.
FoSchnizzle
Moron

Post by FoSchnizzle »

First of all, it was proposed as a counter to the original idea, simply to give players another option. I didn't explain it much because I'm not in favor of it, and people can take the concept that I proposed any way they like. I don't have a personal issue with you, you're just a bit of a prick sometimes, and I'll call you any name that you deserve.
A. Pippenger
in diamond armor

Post by A. Pippenger »

Fo, on page three of this thread you called me an "ignorant shit" for not liking your idea. If you're going to be a complete dick to me and try to stop a suggestion from getting through, at least explain your position.

And I don't really know why you're in a position to decide if I "deserve" to get called random insults or not. This forum has some people who actually discuss ideas, and some people who just enjoy insulting and harassing people who disagree with them. Personally, I don't like to go around ruining people's days for fun. You know, in general this server is a calm and civil place. Nobody really has a problem with anybody. Except lately, you've decided that you hate me cause I disagree with you on a few things and because apparently you don't like some team I had months ago. It's weird.

It's sort of a pattern with you really. You just find different people to pick on like some schoolyard bully. You're a complete dick to eloc, harassing him about his writing and stuff. And I still remember the shit you did to him when you were op.

http://simplicitypvp.net/forum/viewtopi ... =11&t=1841

You also used to harass Mr Hole Digger, mostly because he's a different religion than you are. Not cool.

You've calmed down slightly with both of them these days, so am I your next target? Are you just gonna fuck with me until I don't enjoy playing here anymore? You seem to look at people like you're hunting deer. It creeps me out.

Anyway, back to the main topic, I think your idea is decent and should be on the poll. If it gets on, I will vote yes to it, in addition to a few other things.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

hello I'm an old closed wound

allow me to claw it open with a rusty saber and apply a garbage compress to it so that I may create a festering bleeding wound of anger
FoSchnizzle
Moron

Post by FoSchnizzle »

Lone's got a point. If you really want to make these awful posts about how I apparently hate you, do so in Off-Topic.
Cinnabars
[rawr]

Post by Cinnabars »

I would definitely be bothered, and I am not the only person who would.
Mattias480
still building aboveground

Post by Mattias480 »

Something needs to be changed, so four first options.
SirTashingdon
[rawr]

Post by SirTashingdon »

I like eggthief's idea of the signs, perhaps we could have some sort of noticeboard that explains the basics of simpvp, laying out the information a new player will need to get started on the server.