Is Minecraft A Bad Game?

General minecraft related topics
Yukar9
Admin

Re: Is Minecraft A Bad Game?

Post by Yukar9 »

I honestly wish they would spend at least the next couple updates on fixing bugs and optimizing the game. The network code rewrite was presumably good, and more rewriting should be highly encouraged.

My CS teacher is always saying that there's a big difference between something that works, and something that's good. Minecraft works.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

It would also be nice if they didn't keep adding trivial shit like morl0ck describes, I.E Slime blocks and an entire update deticated to horses which are more or less pretty much forgotten now.

Not to mention that things like Ocelets and Cats have fallen into a pit of obscurity because they're now detrimental to a base because they're so fucking annoying and difficult to manage. The same can be said for wolves, at a lesser extent. It would be nice if they'd just improve their movement and path finding instead of having them teleport to you every time you move 15 blocks from them.
Bloop the poop
Moron

Post by Bloop the poop »

''Guys, lets add something fun and interesting to the game'' said nobody ever at mojang
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Bloop the poop wrote:''Guys, lets add something fun and interesting to the game'' said nobody ever at mojang
I think they do say that, then they program a rough version of it in, and go "Guys, let's add something fun and interesting to the game" again before they finished the first one.
KennyKatsu
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by KennyKatsu »

Hey let's add 3 new useless stone types! And you know those people that spent a lot of time building iron and gold farms? Yeah fuck em'!
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

KennyKatsu wrote:Hey let's add 3 new useless stone types! And you know those people that spent a lot of time building iron and gold farms? Yeah fuck em'!
In their defence, Iron and Gold are not renewable resources you jewish bastard.
morl0ck
pinko commie bastard

Post by morl0ck »

Wouldn't it be good if you could melt down Iron and Gold armor down to Ingots?
I agree. There should be a way to melt down useless armor you get from mobs back down into ingots, at the cost of some fuel. It should be a small amount though, like maybe half the durability's worth. So if you had a golden chestplate at less than 1/4 durability you'd get 1 ingot.

So instead of wasting time throwing all that garbage into a cactus, we could actually profit a little bit.
KennyKatsu
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by KennyKatsu »

The problem would be that villages don't detect light through water. So if they're not trapped there they'll probably just run off.
Ultra
still building aboveground

Post by Ultra »

Cracked stone brick is gonna be hella easy to make. It's too bad, I liked my idea better - expose regular bricks to an explosion.