Help meh! Computer geeks called upon

General minecraft related topics
Starredrose
[rawr]

Help meh! Computer geeks called upon

Post by Starredrose »

This is definitely a problem with my minecraft, but I don't know what to do about it. Just awhile ago, weirdly, the images on my minecraft screen started bugging out, shaking and the images flickering from the stuff that's there (mountains grass ect) to underground and unloaded chunks, flickering fast on and off. Then the colors get distorted, especially the text, the normal white text is replaced with some letters like r's with weird little colored boxes, making it hard to read text. After that, if I don't turn off my minecraft and start up again, the writing turns completely blue, with boxes, making it unreadable at all, then any symbol is gone, I can't read it at all. But I usually exit after it gets annoying, and so I leave the server, buy my minecraft is completely bugging out, colors shifting and stuff. When I exit I turn off the program and restart it, it's fine at first and then the whole process starts again. I know it's only minecraft, because the color distortion will start and then I'll click on another program, usually my internet, I'll be looking at the internet and it'll be fine, but minecraft is still bugging out in the background.
I have no idea whats going on, or how to fix it.
Any advice would be helpful.
Thanks.
Starry
Here's a screenshot of my bugginess, to prove to you I'm not imagining it.
TLRedemption
Noob

Re: Help meh! Computer geeks called upon

Post by TLRedemption »

Try updating your drivers, updating java, etc. I remember when Silas was having his LSD trip bug and no one could solve that, hopefully it's not as severe.
It would also help to know your specs and if you are on a PC or laptop.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

TLRedemption wrote:Try updating your drivers, updating java, etc. I remember when Silas was having his LSD trip bug and no one could solve that, hopefully it's not as severe.
It would also help to know your specs and if you are on a PC or laptop.
EVERY FUCKING TIME
SOMEONE TELLS ME TO UPDATE MY DRIVERS
THIS HAS NEVER WORKED
EVER
GOD FUCKING DAMNIT
MY DRIVERS ARE UPDATED
THEY ALWAYS HAVE BEEN
IT DOES FUCKING NOTHING
HOLY SHIT
mitte90
OP

Post by mitte90 »

have u restarted ur computer?;)
TLRedemption
Noob

Post by TLRedemption »

A lot of people have no idea what drivers are and just rely on auto updating which doesn't always happen SO YOU SHUT UR GOB U FOOKING CUNT.
SilasOfBorg
Donator

Post by SilasOfBorg »

I have never solved a problem by updating drivers, but I have solved problems by backing out a newer/buggy driver. :P
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

yeah i never had a problem solved by updating drivers. I'd suggest deleting the .minecraft folder (save your save files, screen shots, stuff you don't want to lose) then run the launcher to get a fresh install. Java may also be the problem and you could reinstall that as well. And try running the game proper before putting any mods on.
TLRedemption
Noob

Post by TLRedemption »

I've always solved a few of my problems by updating to beta drivers, they're not as unstable and terrible as nvidia stresses they are.