GETTING THE FUCKIN STORY STRAIGHT

Report hackers, or find out why you were banned
mitte90
OP

Re: GETTING THE FUCKIN STORY STRAIGHT

Post by mitte90 »

AND we dont care that mush about him getting out of the event we care that he USED gm1 that he got for breaking out
iQuint
better than clipchip

Post by iQuint »

mitte90 wrote:AND we dont care that mush about him getting out of the event we care that he USED gm1 that he got for breaking out
I know that , And understand.
But I am just trying to explain people that IT WAS NOT a glitch.
Minecraft physics =/= glitch or hack or whatever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTKQF_CDtwI skip to 0:25
This guys uses smart advantage of minecraft PHYSICS.

Now please stop saying it's a glitch.
I think I have proven that it's minecraft physics.
While you guys only say ''OMG SCRUBl0rD SUCH GLITCH USER BAN PLS OMG OMG OMG'' -------> (This may have been dramatised)
A fine example of a glitch is 16x16x64 chunk missing and seeing through the ground => This was not meant for minecraft to exist
Being able to go through glass because it's a not solid block => This was meant for minecraft to exist. ( if it werent they would fix it like they did with ^) <---- They didnt fix it entirely but still
snowfrog43
[rawr]

Post by snowfrog43 »

Not only should iQuint be banned; his alternate account should be as well.
How do we know he did not transfer stuff from iqunit to his alt?
Cinnabars
[rawr]

Post by Cinnabars »

Are you actually claiming that my argument would be more valid if it was cobble instead? Call it want you want to. The point of using the word 'solid' is to imply that it's a block that players are not supposed to move through.
iQuint
better than clipchip

Post by iQuint »

snowfrog43 wrote:Not only should iQuint be banned; his alternate account should be as well.
How do we know he did not transfer stuff from iqunit to his alt?

Yukar can check the logs of when my ''alt'' last logged on
Haven't been on my alt for ages
ALSO I refrain to get on my alt so I dont do anymore damage
And I guess it's my my way of saying sorry.
I could just log on my alts and still fuck things up
But I wont :^)
Last edited by iQuint on Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
iQuint
better than clipchip

Post by iQuint »

Cinnabars wrote:Are you actually claiming that my argument would be more valid if it was cobble instead? Call it want you want to. The point of using the word 'solid' is to imply that it's a block that players are not supposed to move through.

Then it would indeed be glitching if it was cobble or obsid or any kind of solid block imho
Cinnabars
[rawr]

Post by Cinnabars »

iQuint wrote:
Cinnabars wrote:Are you actually claiming that my argument would be more valid if it was cobble instead? Call it want you want to. The point of using the word 'solid' is to imply that it's a block that players are not supposed to move through.

Then it would indeed be glitching if it was cobble or obsid or any kind of solid block imho
errrrrr... wtf? Why is that different?
worldruler086
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by worldruler086 »

What the fucking fuck am I reading? I'll be curt, iQuint, I think what you did was not only blatantly against the server's ideals, it was against straight up logic. I don't give a fuck about minecraft physics. I don't care that you escaped the events. I don't even care that you unintentionally obtained gm1. What I do care about is that you decided to use and abuse the implications of gm1, and you're fucking lucky you didn't screw up the economy of the server. And yet you have the *gall* to try to weasel your way out of this using semantics and wordplay.

Are you familiar with "the spirit of the law"? We had a similar discussion of this phrase when we debated nether roof travel. Basically, those supporting banning the practice claimed it gave players an unfair advantage, and, while boats technically *did* give players the ability to sift through blocks, the developers did not intend it to do that. The only reason why they did not fix it was either it wasn't top priority (they'd be more focused on game-breaking bugs and working on updates) or because Mojang aren't exactly "workaholics", and they're just lazy. Either way, it was indisputable that boats sifting through solid blocks was a glitch. Everyone knows what a boat functions as in real life. A boat fucking floats. It moves in the water. You cannot tell me that boats sifting through solid blocks was anything BUT a glitch. That would just be disingenuous.

The phrase itself essentially means applying justice "in the spirit of the law", and what that law tried to accomplish. In the case here, we feel that playing fair and square, without mods or cheats, is how we feel the game should be played. Using said glitch enabled players to go above the nether's bedrock layer, allowing players to traverse the roof unmolested by the nether's terrain and mobs. The developers designed the nether so it was a tough area to walk in, but each step was 16 in the overworld. Using this glitch skipped all of the cost for all of the gain. A lot of players felt this was straight up cheating, but at the same time the cost of players doing this was nil. They just were able to move away rather fast. So we had a vote. We ended up banning the practice, but not those who did it, nor even those who still supported it. Hell, I'd go so far as to say we'd give a player a slap on the wrist if they did it today. But we banned it because we as a server felt it was an obvious glitch that could be used and abused, even if the costs were rather low. We did it "in the spirit of the law". However, yours was even worse, because in your case, it could have done catastrophic damage to this server.

I know what happens when a server has a shit ton of duped items. It kills a server's economy. Imagine a server with money, where diamonds are so cheap, you actually *lose* money when you sell them. Where every noob is loaded with full on diamond armor. Where a player, using a glitch in the game (this was when pistons had just come out) decided to make 100,000 diamond blocks and toss them in the server's economy. And while you didn't make as much as that, you have no idea what a bullet you missed. You have *no* fucking idea.

I await you reply and inevitable rebuttal.
deflowvesper
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by deflowvesper »

miniwimi wrote: What he did was wrong, yes, an unfair adantage. But, it doesn't say in /rules, and I've been in his situtation but I didn't get away with it so if you're going to ban him ban me too I guess.
Rule#2
-Hacking, flying, spamming, glitching, x-ray, or anything that confers an unfair advantage, is strictly forbidden.
Read the rules here: http://simplicitypvp.net/w/index.php?title=Rules
You said it yourself, it is an unfair advantage.

Just to clarify, would you mind telling in detials how you are related to his situation? Did you get gm1 and spawned in items and attempted to hide them in chests like iQuint did? also, did you attempt (or rather managed) to share these items with the public?
Cinnabars
[rawr]

Post by Cinnabars »

worldruler086 wrote:What the fucking fuck am I reading? I'll be curt, iQuint, I think what you did was not only blatantly against the server's ideals, it was against straight up logic. I don't give a fuck about minecraft physics. I don't care that you escaped the events. I don't even care that you unintentionally obtained gm1. What I do care about is that you decided to use and abuse the implications of gm1, and you're fucking lucky you didn't screw up the economy of the server. And yet you have the *gall* to try to weasel your way out of this using semantics and wordplay.
This ^