Minecraft 1.8 Update Discussion

General minecraft related topics
Yukar9
Admin

Re: Minecraft 1.8 Update Discussion

Post by Yukar9 »

Isn't it possible to move your enchants onto a brand new unenchanted item to continue them? Then it won't keep the name, but it should still keep the enchants.

I mean instead of doing (Enchanted item) + (Unenchanted item) do (Unenchanted item) + (Enchanted Item).
Gnatogryz
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by Gnatogryz »

Does not matter which item goes first, both "prior work penalties" get summed in the result item.
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

are you just saying anvils have less uses? I haven't had any trouble with building up enchantments. i thought they were getting destroyed quicker than usual but iron isn't that hard for me to come up with for more anvils
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

No he's saying items can only be used on anvils 6 times. So basically after you've repaired an item 6 times, it's done for.
RevStoningpot
Moron

Post by RevStoningpot »

just tested and it sure seems quite broken. I renamed the item but that didn't clear the repair penelty like it's supposed to. Stupid thing wasd i was testing with unenchanted items. Which means even though the anvil said it was too expensive (which it said before i even added the second item, smells like bull shit) i can repair it for free by hand. This coupled with the armor crap (damage goes from boots up meaning boots go red while the rest is still green) this means don't spend much money on footwear. But it seems broken, may be a bug, cuz renaming didn't work like it should.
Gnatogryz
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by Gnatogryz »

Renaming not preventing item repairs from getting more expensive is listed as a feature, not a bug...
RevStoningpot
Moron

Post by RevStoningpot »

but that's what renaming was put in the game for. wtf is wrong with this stupid company?