request for admin position

Report hackers, or find out why you were banned
A. Pippenger
in diamond armor

Re: request for admin position

Post by A. Pippenger »

It doesn't necessarily sound like it was shady pm's or over the top Lyser nonsense. I wasn't there, so I could be wrong, but that's my impression. He's capable of acting normal for short periods, and it's not like lying in text is difficult. If you don't play on a server often I don't think you'd need to be especially stupid to fall for that, if it was pulled off well. There's a decent chance I would honestly. People are just really easy to trick in general.
General dutdo
wannabe troll, flaming us by entering arbitrary words in capslock

Post by General dutdo »

You pronounce Dutdo like duh-t-dough like bread dough. it is a nicke name my one year old brother is responsible for naming me. He could not pronounce my actual name which would be Mitchell.
indigo011
[rawr]

Post by indigo011 »

LOLZ :D
SilasOfBorg
Donator

Post by SilasOfBorg »

General dutdo wrote:You pronounce Dutdo like duh-t-dough like bread dough. it is a nicke name my one year old brother is responsible for naming me. He could not pronounce my actual name which would be Mitchell.
Heh. Normally these things work the other way around. It has been a few decades since we were all kids, but I have three younger siblings and was directly responsible for at least two of their nicknames. /evil grin
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

A. Pippenger wrote:It doesn't necessarily sound like it was shady pm's or over the top Lyser nonsense. I wasn't there, so I could be wrong, but that's my impression. He's capable of acting normal for short periods, and it's not like lying in text is difficult. If you don't play on a server often I don't think you'd need to be especially stupid to fall for that, if it was pulled off well. There's a decent chance I would honestly. People are just really easy to trick in general.
it astounds me that you're so easy to deceive
you would think with all your downfalls there would be at least something decent about you to make up for all the terrible
A. Pippenger
in diamond armor

Post by A. Pippenger »

Humans are easy to trick. Empathy and self awareness are not faults, and if you lack them, that's your problem not, mine.

Naturally on this server I've learned to be very very very very careful, because that's how it is though. People aren't normally on guard 24/7 though, and someone unfamiliar with this server wouldn't understand that they'd need to change their behavior.

People get tricked constantly, look at the news. Remember the big fake rape story recently? Remember the kid who supposedly made $72 million on the stock market, and it turned out he made it up? Remember when Manti Teo got catfished? Remember when Snowden lied to everyone at the NSA and got all their data? Remember when Bush lied about WMDs and torture? Remember a hundred different stories about spies, liars and con men being surprisingly successful?

If you think you're above being deceived, then you're probably easier to trick than you realize. Please try being a bit more self aware and less of a jackass, for the good of yourself and anyone you meet. I'm not going to discuss this anymore. The issue is not that we disagree, it's that you're too dense to understand what I'm saying.
General dutdo
wannabe troll, flaming us by entering arbitrary words in capslock

Post by General dutdo »

I didn't know he was a hacker. I didn't even know who he was until he told me he was admin hunting.
TLRedemption
Noob

Post by TLRedemption »

A. Pippenger wrote:Humans are easy to trick. Empathy and self awareness are not faults, and if you lack them, that's your problem not, mine.

Naturally on this server I've learned to be very very very very careful, because that's how it is though. People aren't normally on guard 24/7 though, and someone unfamiliar with this server wouldn't understand that they'd need to change their behavior.

People get tricked constantly, look at the news. Remember the big fake rape story recently? Remember the kid who supposedly made $72 million on the stock market, and it turned out he made it up? Remember when Manti Teo got catfished? Remember when Snowden lied to everyone at the NSA and got all their data? Remember when Bush lied about WMDs and torture? Remember a hundred different stories about spies, liars and con men being surprisingly successful?

If you think you're above being deceived, then you're probably easier to trick than you realize. Please try being a bit more self aware and less of a jackass, for the good of yourself and anyone you meet. I'm not going to discuss this anymore. The issue is not that we disagree, it's that you're too dense to understand what I'm saying.
Oh, boy this is a mess, not sure what to even say about this, comparing lyser's trolling to government and spies manipulating people, and what's all this shit about empathy and self-awareness? You saying people who don't believe someone who says they're an admin right away lack empathy and self-awareness? Humans are easy to trick on certain levels but being tricked this easily is not a good thing and is not excusable. A bit of fact-checking wouldn't have been hard at all, and comparing a tiny bit of fact-checking for a claim that takes little effort to uncover to people who are trained and skilled in espionage and hiding the facts is the most ridiculous thing I've read this week.

Maybe you're just trying to be salty with Lone, but I couldn't help but find your last paragraph really arrogant and implying intelligence that didn't really exist in that post at all.
A. Pippenger
in diamond armor

Post by A. Pippenger »

I'm saying all you people acting like there's no way you could have fallen for this lack empathy and self awareness. And also reading comprehension in your case.

Most of the examples I listed weren't professional spies, it was just random news events where people were easily tricked. I was trying to list events that a lot of people would have heard of. The guy who catfished Manti Teo wasn't a spy, he was just a random weirdo who found out it was easy to lie, especially on the internet. Why are you latching onto two examples from a paragraph that listed many?
TLRedemption
Noob

Post by TLRedemption »

A. Pippenger wrote:I'm saying all you people acting like there's no way you could have fallen for this lack empathy and self awareness. And also reading comprehension in your case.

Most of the examples I listed weren't professional spies, it was just random news events where people were easily tricked. I was trying to list events that a lot of people would have heard of. The guy who catfished Manti Teo wasn't a spy, he was just a random weirdo who found out it was easy to lie, especially on the internet. Why are you latching onto two examples from a paragraph that listed many?
Because I could have written a long wall of text about it but I can't really be arsed to do so, it has nothing to do with reading comprehension but I knew you would pull that card.

All your examples, from the spies and government to the scandals are still ridiculous comparisons, they are planned, sometimes elaborate, and covered up so you won't know the truth without a lot of digging, you want to say the same applies to lyser's trolling? Come on. You make it sound like those people put the same amount of effort that lyser did into tricking others. Also from what I'm reading about Manti Teo, the guy wasn't a random weirdo, he was an acquaintance/family friend apparently, which gives it much room for planning and setting it up.

I'm not saying dutdo is stupid to clarify, being gullible and being stupid are separate things, I am a bit dumbfounded at how people believe things like "I'm an admin' without a bit of fact-checking like reading the rules or the list of OP's in the announcements section. I'm sorry I did not address every single example you made for those gullibility cases but they all have something in common that lyser's trolling doesn't, and that makes them bad comparisons.

All it would have took is reading the rules or reading the OP list, that's all, if it's so shocking to the point that I must lack empathy for me to think that, then so be it.
This isn't the first time it's happened, and I respect that dutdo owed up to it instead of just flaming or continuing to persist on getting admin, he's definitely not the same
case as the dozen other people who have come up here to ask for admin because of Lyser.