Why Have the Social Rules Become So Warped?

General minecraft related topics
OdinFire
still building aboveground

Why Have the Social Rules Become So Warped?

Post by OdinFire »

Its well known knowledge that we at SimPvP pride ourselves in being an anarchy server, a vanilla anarchy server.

But the rules have all become thrown out the window. I called for a PvP Party in the PvPWorld, a player came in full diamond armor and I attacked him immediately. He had not been expecting the attack and I killed him after a prolonged battle. A person I had previously run into and not killed, sweeped in, grabbed the gear as my inventory was full and I pursued that person and killed them too.

These two became enraged at me, slandering me, telling every person who logged in that I was a backstabber and whenever I attempted to offer any input on the events that unfolded, they would flame chat at me, trying to turn every person against me. I confided with many people in whisper and they felt it was wrong that these two were so mad that they had been killed. These two were both very well respected on the server. One even had been on the server for much of its existence.

One of my victims had claimed that we had been allied beforehand (simply because I had not killed him in earlier meetings). Though those meeting were of business. They wanted their gear back. They felt it was WRONG in the setting they had been killed in. Keep in mind, I had planned a PvP party and was planning on murdering everyone who attended and specific people who attended, though I planned to spare two friends. They felt it was unfair that I had ambushed them. Wasn't old PvP all about getting the drop on opponents? One of these friends had been the one who ran away with the gear. They were not my basemates.
If PvP has become a taboo on a PvP Server, what will become of SimPvP in the future? As one of those I confided in whisper said, though not in exact words: The social rules have become warped.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Re: Why Have the Social Rules Become So Warped?

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

you should already know that the average minecraft player is a fucking retard
this is further bolstered by the fact that they join a server called "simpvp" and then complain when they get PK'ed.
Rumpslem/Assas170 was pretty well known for being a fuccboi in pvp anyways

sounds to me like he's being a salty faggot that you got the drop on him
bloodlucky
still building aboveground

Post by bloodlucky »

World peace
hugobros3
in iron armor

Post by hugobros3 »

Just troll them until they get it. While there is no rule preventing players from being senile oldsters, there is also no rule to prevent you from kicking their sorry ass and who cares about them whining ? Maybye some will wake up and remember why they play here in the first time : PvP and base-building/hunting action with no rules in the way
hugobros3
in iron armor

Post by hugobros3 »

miniwimi wrote:I like how you called us dramaqueens when you're the one making several threads.
rekt
SilasOfBorg
Donator

Post by SilasOfBorg »

Let me see if I get this straight:

1. player(s) goes to pvp world
2. player(s) gets killed
3. player(s) delicately and civily discuss bruised feelings and deflated egos in chat

Why is there even a thread about this?
CrackyJoe
[rawr]

Post by CrackyJoe »

Why have the social "rules" become so warped? I don't know. Maybe it seems that way because it's an anarchy server and there aren't any "rules" regarding social norms to begin with. Anarchy doesn't mean committing to chaos. It means not committing to anything in particular. Some people are going to want to things in the same way you do and some aren't. Putting flowers in neat patches is just as anarchic as going out of your way to fuck everyone over.

Therefore everyone has a right to hate you. I don't think you disagree with that sentiment, I just think you should expect people to not like you when you do bad things to them. Generally you are one of the least trustworthy people on this server, so you are going to make enemies who say mean things.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

if you're talking about social decorum, as in "what is generally known as regular gameplay for the server", there wasn't really any to begin with.
anything went

now that there's been no players and thus very little interaction (and everyone is a megameter from spawn) people are too used to cushy lives of being friendly