City /World

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started
OdinFire
still building aboveground

City /World

Post by OdinFire »

Greetings everyone! In the next inevitable reset for the PvPWorld, I wish for the absolutely joyful CityScape to be returned. This is as the CityScape has a great atmosphere, plenty of opportunities for community-hosted activities and visceral combat.

The CityScape PvPWorld was the only recent PvPWorld in which I actually have had fond memories of.

- The environment was absolutely interesting to explore and was infinitely more interesting than the past /worlds in which were nothing but barren landscapes, sparsely populated with some architecture and mortar shells.

- In the well constructed theater, me and 4 others hosted a dinner party in which we chatted and ate to the jukebox and then using the wonderful theater sets, seperated into teams, constructed sets and acted in hilarious and creepy plays. (Me and INDIGO011 also planned to host an olympics swimming competition, but unfortunately the world had been reset before)

- The combat in the CityScape was also noticeably more interesting, with a heavy utilization of the architecture to player advantage, an emphasis on traps, (i fell in what must have been a dozen bedrock holes). It was exhilarating to run into a building, ascending the steps as a player trailed in pursuit and hiding in the rooms.

I would love to see the CityScape once more!
indigo011
[rawr]

Re: City /World

Post by indigo011 »

haha i agree Odin!

nice post and well said :D
A. Pippenger
in diamond armor

Post by A. Pippenger »

I thought the city /world was pretty cool, but I don't really like the the idea of repeating /worlds, especially so soon. As far back as I can remember they were all originals, and most of the fun came from exploring them and learning the ins and outs of each one. I don't know if bringing back an old /world would feel the same.

Some other premade map, maybe a similar cityscape, would be good. It's more interesting than the natural ones usually. I just don't want the exact same one.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

We're always welcome to custom pvp worlds, but you have to actually suggest one.

If nobody posts any custom worlds we could use, we're gonna get another regular terrain generation one.
A. Pippenger
in diamond armor

Post by A. Pippenger »

Yukar9 wrote:We're always welcome to custom pvp worlds, but you have to actually suggest one.

If nobody posts any custom worlds we could use, we're gonna get another regular terrain generation one.

I did't have a particular custom world in mind, I'm just saying that I like custom worlds in general as long as they're not repeats.

I think King's Landing from Westerosecraft (or a section of it) would be nice. It's a similar concept to the cityscape, but medieval.

Again though, I don't have strong feelings on what /world should be, I would just prefer not to have the same one twice. Natural terrain is fine if we can't settle on a custom world.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

I'm not sure we can use that build.
A. Pippenger
in diamond armor

Post by A. Pippenger »

Why not, legal reasons or something? It's available for downloads.

If we can't, I would be 100% ok with another natural terrain map.
hugobros3
in iron armor

Post by hugobros3 »

Well, I have that laying arround
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/201 ... wip-v3.png
The whole map is definitly overkill ( and not even fully done either ), but a section of it with just one city may do the trick
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

That looks pretty good, got a download link?
hugobros3
in iron armor

Post by hugobros3 »

This is a retired map from my server, we switched back to a smaller one so this one is just laying around on our drives. We don't want it publicly released to everyone but I can let you visit it and I'm ok to let it be used here, since for copyright reasons I probably won't be able to use it on chunk stories anyway