Paying the server rent

General simplicitypvp.net related topics
jayaypiel
[rawr]

Re: Paying the server rent

Post by jayaypiel »

I'd do it. If we're only talking $5, then count me in.
deflowvesper
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by deflowvesper »

I can help out a bit and donate $5 monthly payments, tbh i prefer this than paying $20 full once for a month worth of rent just as morlock suggested.
MisterStrawman
Donator

Post by MisterStrawman »

Good to see you're still alive.

Anyway, that would make more or less about the amount of money to cover the cost, if we all contribute. And there's always the possibility someone else pitches in later.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Well, I suppose I could setup a paypal, and see how much comes in.

I'll PM the address to those that have expressed interest.

I suppose no matter the amounts it will cover part of the costs.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

So, several people are donating, but I don't really know who is who. Do people want to be credited for their donations or do you not care?

Also, the current system requires people to manually send money whenever they want. Paypal does have an option for automatic monthly donations, but they charge a $0.50 fee per transaction. Do any of you find that worthwhile or would you prefer to continue sending money whenever you feel like you? We could also do something where I send an automated email once a month, reminding you to donate.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Also January 2016 will be the first month paid for by the new donations. I'm currently receiving enough money to cover every other month, so thanks for that! :D
MisterStrawman
Donator

Post by MisterStrawman »

Yukar9 wrote:So, several people are donating, but I don't really know who is who. Do people want to be credited for their donations or do you not care?

Also, the current system requires people to manually send money whenever they want. Paypal does have an option for automatic monthly donations, but they charge a $0.50 fee per transaction. Do any of you find that worthwhile or would you prefer to continue sending money whenever you feel like you? We could also do something where I send an automated email once a month, reminding you to donate.
Don't care about being credited really, only credit me if everyone else wants credit (I figured it was obvious which one was me). And I personally have no problem with remembering to send money every time I feel like me (=p). The way it is is fine, but if everyone else wants to do this 50 cent fee thing, I'm ok with it, it's just, it would add up pretty quickly it seems. If this gets to a point where 5 people donate per month, we're talking $30 after a year, which is basically another month's rent lost to these fees. If that's what it takes to get people to remember then fine, but I'd personally rather keep doing what I've been doing.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Yeah, I did figure out who you were based on the email :p

The automated thing would be optional, so you would still be able to send money manually. So basically only those who would prefer an automated way would pay the fees.

Also, I've updated the donations page on the wiki.
morl0ck
pinko commie bastard

Post by morl0ck »

Mine are usually around the 22nd of the month. If you want to thank me then just change my flair from "in diamond armor" to "pinko commie bastard". =)