Event idea- mashup between BvB and CTS

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started
morl0ck
pinko commie bastard

Event idea- mashup between BvB and CTS

Post by morl0ck »

1. Game starts, the map is either default terrain or something relatively natural. How big the map will be depends on number of teams

2. Each team gets a sign. This sign cannot be moved, it must remain on the bedrock block just like in CTS.

3. PvP is disabled for a length of time- This is a grace period to allow for players to put up a reasonable base and defense systems. Since this is survival it might be awhile- probably a few hours or even a full day if people are up to it.

4. After the "peace" timer runs out, it's free-for all war. It's now your goal to push through the enemy bases and capture and hold as many signs as possible. You will also be defending your own sign.

5. The time is added up for all the signs- so for example if you hold 2 signs for an hour each, you'd get 120 points. But if you capture ALL signs on the map, your team wins immediately.

6. But if you don't posses your ORIGINAL sign, you cannot win the game or earn any points. So if you spent 90% of the game controlling 3/4 of the signs, but then a team sneaks in at the end and takes your original sign, you cannot win even if you controlled the most signs for the most length of time. Also if you lose your original sign you earn zero points, no matter how many signs you control, until you get it back.

7. I'm up for changes or suggestions, if people really like this idea and want to implement it I have no problem volunteering to do the work to create this. If the admins are alright with trusting to me certain permissions or commands to implement it then I can obviously be more useful towards this.
Yukar9
Admin

Re: Event idea- mashup between BvB and CTS

Post by Yukar9 »

That actually sounds like a pretty cool idea. Just curious, were you thinking it would be in survival during the peace timer or creative?

I'm just thinking logistics, it would be a bit difficult to do as an actual event, to have a large arena necessary (I'm thinking at least 500x500.) So it would probably be best to either have it in the pvp world, or spin up a temporary server just for the event.

It could be kind of fun to do as a weekend event, I was imagining something kind of similar for the deathban server. Have the server open for a whole week to let people build up, and then turn on pvp for the weekend.
morl0ck
pinko commie bastard

Post by morl0ck »

I think survival would lead to a more strategic kind of play, since everyone would have limited resources. An alternative maybe could be that each team starts with a chest of building blocks. Maybe a few chests of stone, tools, and basic gear just to speed up the process.

I really like your suggestion on having it open for build during the week like deathban. I thought of something like that at first but I imagined it to be a headache to implement. Maybe to add to that idea, the map could be sectioned off by a giant wall to keep anyone from messing with the other teams, or maybe worldguard protected. Then, when the weekend comes, the walls/ protections disappear.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Yeah, we could require each team to register, and then they'd get a 250x250 protected area or something.

And it would be annoying to implement as an event with the build period, but if it's on a separate server it would basically just require worldguard.
Melvin3000
still building aboveground

Post by Melvin3000 »

I think it would be cool to have this in /world like the last CTS event, have some kind of register fee that goes to the winners at the end and then of course you would keep any gear you got from pvp too.