/pvplist subscribe

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started
Yukar9
Admin

/pvplist subscribe

Post by Yukar9 »

This has been brought up a few times, I'd like to suggest a couple of ways of making it so you no longer have to spam /pvplist:

The idea is to have a /pvplist subscribe command, that will announce to you whenever somebody enters the pvp world.

Some people complain that this would ruin surprise attacks, so one possible solution is to have it only work if you're outside the pvp world, so if you're inside the pvp world you have to spam /pvplist as usual.

Another idea is to have it not show people who are invisible.

Or we could change /world to let people do silent /worlds, though they by default show to everybody. So if I want to do a sneak attack on lyser, I would type /world lysergidi and it wouldn't announce to him that I was entering the pvp world.

What do you think?
DakkaDok
OP

Re: /pvplist subscribe

Post by DakkaDok »

I am in favor of at least trying this out.
Out of all the options you mentioned, i would prefer that it simply does not work inside /world.
MisterStrawman
Donator

Post by MisterStrawman »

The latter option if anything.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

So you would prefer not having a subscribe at all?
MisterStrawman
Donator

Post by MisterStrawman »

Right, but not strongly. I wouldn't object to trying it out, but if I had to choose, I wouldn't want it.
morl0ck
pinko commie bastard

Post by morl0ck »

I like the idea of adding /subscribe. Everything else should stay the way it is, I don't think it will affect surprise attacks- you know they warped in, but you don't know their intentions or where they're at after all.
snowfrog43
[rawr]

Post by snowfrog43 »

I agree with morl0ck.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

So it looks like we should try it and then remove it or change it if opinion changes.