Should /world work with invis people nearby?

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started
Yukar9
Admin

Should /world work with invis people nearby?

Post by Yukar9 »

Currently /world does not work if there is an invis person less than 50 blocks away, should this be changed?
DakkaDok
OP

Re: Should /word work with invis people nearby?

Post by DakkaDok »

Absolutely not. This would make any PvP strategy involving invisibility completely useless, which i do not want to happen.
Yukar9
Admin

Re: Should /world work with invis people nearby?

Post by Yukar9 »

The reason for wanting to change this is that /world will let you know that there is an invis person nearby, so in fact doesn't the way it is now make invis less useful?
DakkaDok
OP

Post by DakkaDok »

It's fairly useless for detecting invisible enemies, since if you use it and nobody is around, you're out of /world.
With this change, you could just combat log from invisible people with no risk at all.
morl0ck
pinko commie bastard

Post by morl0ck »

Nah, I agree with Dak. People could just quickly /world as soon as they noticed invis particles.

How about this: change the behavior of the /world command. Have a 15 second countdown announced in pvp world chat, like "morl0ck is preparing to warp" when I type /world, or maybe even some kind of visual indicator. Or if it's easier, the message only broadcasts to those who are /pvplist subscribed. If someone attacks or if I move then it's canceled. That way, you can get rid of the 50 block player distance, which gets annoying when you're warping with allies/ trading partners around. Causes us to do goofy stuff like logging out while they warp, moving away from them, etc.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

That's certainly one possible solution, though would we want the teleport to not be instant?
Plattnerite
[rawr]

Post by Plattnerite »

I personally wouldn't mind /world not to be instant.
DakkaDok
OP

Post by DakkaDok »

A delay could work, although i think 15 seconds is too long. And i do think it should only be shown to players who /pvplist subscribed.
Melvin3000
still building aboveground

Post by Melvin3000 »

What about some way to flag yourself so anyone can /world even if you are within 50 blocks from them? It would let people decide whether they want to follow people unknown, or stop them from teleporting. Also solves the nearby team member problem since one person can just flag themselves instead of having to log out or run 50 blocks away.
Plattnerite
[rawr]

Post by Plattnerite »

But then /world can still be used as a cheat to detect invisible players, which IMO is a lot more grave than the inconvenience of not being able to teleport with someone else nearby.