Re-enable Nether Roof Travel

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started
TheRealTitMC
wannabe troll, flaming us by entering arbitrary words in capslock

Re-enable Nether Roof Travel

Post by TheRealTitMC »

Extract From July Issue of The Simplicity Herald
"Nether Roof
The referendum was held on the forum with the posts spanning from November 4th 2013 to December 11th 2013.
It has been over 1000 days since the debate was started and many of the players involved in the debate have moved on, Which is why i'm calling for a second referendum.
Personally I think the nether roof should be re enabled because it is in the vanilla game and it makes things easier for players to travel.
This could also benefit the amount of new players joining the server because many will prefer to travel farther out than the highways allow.
Please let me know your opinion in the forums."
Not much else to be said share your opinion here.
morl0ck
pinko commie bastard

Re: Re-enable Nether Roof Travel

Post by morl0ck »

It is banned because the abuse of glitches is banned... there was an argument for allowing it back in 2013 because travel was way harder and a big pain in the ass. Not so anymore. It is so incredibly easy to travel now it's not even funny. What's the point? A newb can buy an elytra from someone, slap mending on it and enjoy flying millions of blocks in a few game days. You also have the homebrew /portals which let you go back and forth unlimited distances... and we don't even really need that anymore for the reason it was originally implemented because of the elytra, but everyone is too dependent on them to remove them now.
TheRealTitMC

Post by TheRealTitMC »

The server aims to be as vanilla as possible.
The Nether roof is a vanilla feature, therefore why shouldn't we have access to the nether roof.
Sure it may be pointless but why not?
Hopefully we shall have a referendum soon.
clipchip
Honorary Admin

Post by clipchip »

the server doesn't aim to be as vanilla as possible you fucking retard (go try to start a vote about allowing dupes in your next post if you think it does). if you considered for even a second the amount of times mojang has tried to patch out breaking bedrock to avoid people getting up there at all you might realize it isn't a "feature" either.

it's an extremely casual way to travel anywhere afk with zero danger along with build mob farms that require nearly no effort at all so fuck off with the "hehe it's pointless just enable it pls."stop bitching about something everyone has had to deal with for 5 years on a server you joined last week you goddamn lazy fuck.
MisterStrawman
Donator

Post by MisterStrawman »

Morl0ck and clip both pretty much summed up the three things I was going to say.

Elytras and portals make travel easy enough. Back when nether roof travel was allowed, there were no portals or elytras. If you had a base that was 300k from spawn, and you needed to go to the end, for example, you had to break your bed, kill yourself, and then when you were done, walk back.

Trivializing long-distance travel will make the server less fun, and will shit on the hard work veteran players have put in over the last several years in favor of people who've played here less than a month. As for the server aiming to be vanilla, that is not true, and I don't know why people insist on saying that. A few years ago, we were far more vanilla than we are now, and have since moved away from that direction.

As for benefiting new players, that's not something we generally do, we kind of want a tougher learning curve compared to other servers in some sense. Used to take many attempts for a new player to get away from spawn and build a base, and these days it's far, far easier than it's ever been.

My only argument in favor of removing the ban would be because I want to make an easy ghast farm. Not worth it, I say we keep the ban.
TheRealTitMC

Post by TheRealTitMC »

"stop bitching about something everyone has had to deal with for 5 years on a server you joined last week you goddamn lazy fuck."
Autistic people were placed in sanatoriums for decades, does that mean you should be put in a sanatorium you goddamn fucking autist?
Just because you had to deal with it for five years doesn't mean we should have to.
Black people were oppressed in society for years why shouldn't we keep oppressing blacks?
Fucking get over yourself oldfag the newnigs are here.
clipchip
Honorary Admin

Post by clipchip »

imagine getting so asshurt about people telling you to fuck off that you compare not being able to abuse glitches in a block game with slavery
TheRealTitMC

Post by TheRealTitMC »

That isn't what i was saying.
My point was life is hard, but as time progresses things are put into place that make life easier.
The nether roof will make things easier.
Anyway long story short, clip is an autist and none of us should listen to him.
ostrich1414
Wiki Janitor

Post by ostrich1414 »

I owe my life as a free black man to TheRealTitMC, thank you for your sacrifices.

Also, as a retard who used to walk thousands of blocks in the overworld back in the day, elytras are the shit, and I'm entirely happy with them. Hell, I'll literally give you a free elytra if that'll get you to drop this nonsense.
TheRealTitMC

Post by TheRealTitMC »

Does anyone else actually want this? it seems like I'm the only one wanting it at the moment.