Remove /world

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started
Burger
in iron armor

Re: Remove /world

Post by Burger »

KoriJenkins wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:54 am You don't instantly travel to End Spawn you know, right? You gotta go through portals and a gateway.
Semantics. No, it's not as instant as typing /world but it takes less than 10 seconds, depending on how far you built your exit from the gateway.
KoriJenkins
in iron armor

Post by KoriJenkins »

Burger wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:56 am
KoriJenkins wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:54 am You don't instantly travel to End Spawn you know, right? You gotta go through portals and a gateway.
Semantics. No, it's not as instant as typing /world but it takes less than 10 seconds, depending on how far you built your exit from the gateway.
I built mine 1000 blocks away so it takes me longer, therefore this is unfair, therefore it shouldn't be done (even though I base in the End and going to End Spawn is easier for me anyway)

I can accept /world being removed if an alternative PvP centric map is added. Convincing another player to duel you at End Spawn will be impossible.
Burger
in iron armor

Post by Burger »

KoriJenkins wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:01 am I built mine 1000 blocks away so it takes me longer, therefore this is unfair, therefore it shouldn't be done (even though I base in the End and going to End Spawn is easier for me anyway)

I can accept /world being removed if an alternative PvP centric map is added. Convincing another player to duel you at End Spawn will be impossible.
Why o_O as long as your gateway is far out and your portal deep underground, 1000 blocks is wayy overkill. Mine is like 50 blocks and impossible to find.

Why would convincing someone to duel you in the end be any harder than in /world?
KoriJenkins
in iron armor

Post by KoriJenkins »

Burger wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:04 am
KoriJenkins wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:01 am I built mine 1000 blocks away so it takes me longer, therefore this is unfair, therefore it shouldn't be done (even though I base in the End and going to End Spawn is easier for me anyway)

Why o_O as long as your gateway is far out and your portal deep underground, 1000 blocks is wayy overkill. Mine is like 50 blocks and impossible to find.

Why would convincing someone to duel you in the end be any harder than in /world?
Because the gateway can be camped.
Burger
in iron armor

Post by Burger »

KoriJenkins wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:08 am Because the gateway can be camped.
Ah fair, that'd be solved with the solution I proposed in the OP.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

If anyone remembers we did do a 2 month period without /world some years back. Before people say they want this, we should at least experiment with removing it first. If someone wants to make a vote on whether to disable /world for April and May.
Burger
in iron armor

Post by Burger »

Yukar9 wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:59 am If anyone remembers we did do a 2 month period without /world some years back. Before people say they want this, we should at least experiment with removing it first. If someone wants to make a vote on whether to disable /world for April and May.
I remember vaguely, but can't recall what the overall response was. Clearly not overwhelmingly in favour since it was brought back lol. I'll probably make a poll tomorrow, but tbh I don't think it'll be the same without my proposed solution to prevent gateway camping. People will hate having to trade at end spawn because gateway camping is currently a thing, and demand that /world is added back.

We should experiment with it if someone goes to the effort of coding the change, but unless someone does I don't see this suggestion ever moving forward unfortunately.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Is there anything that needs to be changed in the code for this?
KoriJenkins
in iron armor

Post by KoriJenkins »

Yukar9 wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:55 am Is there anything that needs to be changed in the code for this?
To do it in a way that Burger wants the end gateway output would have to be randomized to remove the ability of someone to just trap the gateway location and crystal camp it.
Burger
in iron armor

Post by Burger »

Yukar9 wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:55 am Is there anything that needs to be changed in the code for this?
Yeah, what Kori said. Currently entering an end gateway teleports you to the same specific block on the main island (which can easily be trapped). To solve this the gateway should instead teleport you to a random block on the main island. This would be a pre-requisite for removing /world (even temporarily) but would take someone going to the effort to code it.