I am very concerned about the server.

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started
Sengorn
wannabe troll, flaming us by entering arbitrary words in capslock

I am very concerned about the server.

Post by Sengorn »

The admins are barely active; I've been on five servers that died off without announcement- and each one was after the admins all became inactive. I feel like the loss of Ostrich1414 took the soul from Simpvp. In a very short span, we lost several longtime and regular players who seemed to have been responsible for the entire community structure. Most people base solo now, there aren't any player ran events, the last server event was well over a month ago. While the server is fine right now, it does have all of the red flags that concern me that the server may be dying.

Here are some suggestions that ought make SimPvP great again:
1.) Ask all of the admins to put in at least one hour daily even if they don't feel like playing. They can have the game open in the background and even just chat or lurk. We just need a consistent staff presence. I rarely see a staff online.

2.) Add a command to display the last time an /event was triggered, and try to host an event once a week minimum.

3.) On the wiki, in the community as a whole, there is a singular official SimplicityPvP discord. It is even ran by admins and only admins. It should be treated as official. Make it a public server, it won't get griefed, and if someone spams or acts out... they can be punished. Have a link to the official discord in the server's chat announcements. Players need a common forum outside of the game chat to form community bonds. Forums like this just don't work anymore. Discord is where it's at. We need to officially adopt and change with new tech and trends.

Anyone else feel free to expand on this list.
MutualistManiac
[rawr]

Re: I am very concerned about the server.

Post by MutualistManiac »

These seem like common sense suggestions. I agree.