#FREETHEOTHERHADES or THEOTHERMANIFESTO or I LIKE ICE CREAM

General simplicitypvp.net related topics
theotherhades1
[rawr]

Re: #FREETHEOTHERHADES or THEOTHERMANIFESTO or I LIKE ICE CREAM

Post by theotherhades1 »

Laztec wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:44 am The situation is quite simple so I'll try to keep it brief.

1. Prior to the leak, you knew that Bursting had been committing an incredibly serious crime. Instead of reporting this, you chose to cryptically build anticipation for some big upcoming event (the leak), which you said you would carry out if Bursting failed to.
https://ibb.co/L9VNqsT

2. You publicly posted Tom's criminally-obtained Discord token, edited into a script to allow anyone to login to his account. "For your convenience", as you stated.
https://ibb.co/DQ4Yr2F

3. You publicly posted a .zip file containing thousands of criminally-obtained private messages between Tom and dozens of innocent people.
https://ibb.co/pX4LkzK

4. You publicly posted screenshots of these private messages, specifically ones that exposed private sexual comments from innocent minors/alleged victims.
https://ibb.co/s5J40n9

In your vigilante attempt to "expose a groomer", you exposed the private messages of dozens of innocent people, many of whom were minors, and some of whom were discussing very vulnerable and private topics. Instead of taking the proper steps to seek justice, you chose to contribute to an incredibly illegal and unethical act that has the potential to harm the very people you claimed to be seeking justice for, amongst others.
I contemplated whether it was even worth writing this message it's pretty pointless but it might as well be said.

1. Did I know he had committed an incredibly serious crime? Yes. That's 100% on me for not acting maturely and reporting it. I guess I was more preoccupied with the information that had been presented to me and I never stopped to question how said information was obtained or whether said information was legit. Did I say I was going to carry it out? Absolutely fucking not I said I was going to inform everyone on what had happened and/or report it to the admins (I did NOT plan on leaking any private information) as everyone was speculating and I did know but was unsure of what Bursting's plan was.

2. Yes I did, that is undeniable, but it had just been posted literally 2 messages above it. I'm not saying that nullifies what I did but the way you present it makes it look like I personally was responsible for leaking the token.

3. Ditto.

4. Again yes that is 100% on me I should have stopped to question if what I was doing was moral and legal.

I don't know what to think anymore I know I fucked up I don't know I feel blindsided and stupid I should've thought about what was happening and been more responsible. I know there's no changing your mind, that's whatever, but I want it to be 100% clear what happened.
theotherhades1
[rawr]

Post by theotherhades1 »

Last thing I'll say is I think a permanent jail is unfair because obviously I fucked up but it was never my intention to be so involved with this and I didn't think it through rationally. Yes I know I did wrong but if I were judging I would give a temp jail for like a year but I'm obviously biased that's all.
Gerb
wannabe troll, flaming us by entering arbitrary words in capslock

Post by Gerb »

FREE GRASDUIKER FREE FLIPP3R4
MutualistManiac
[rawr]

Post by MutualistManiac »

It's hard for me to comment on this issue in totality as I am unacquainted with the evidence in question, but I think what most reasonable people are saying is correct: that this is an issue for law enforcement, not an online community. Insofar as what Burstings was doing was a crime, it was, it should have been reported as such. And insofar as what Tombomb was doing amounted to criminal offenses, it too should have been reported to relevant authorities. I am not prepared to make a claim as to whether it did or not, or the ethics of that situation because I did not have access to the evidence.

All that being said, there is greyness to Rule 3, there always has been. Traditionally, Sim takes issues that involve minors very seriously. Although it was ultimately public interactions with minors that led to the banning of CaveHoe, it would be wrong to assume the fact that many had discovered his membership in a zoo and pedo forum played no role in that decision. Was that a Rule violation? It's hard to tell. If I scour the web for all your connected accounts and discover your real name and pictures due to only following what is tenuously public, it's hard to see how it would not be considered breaching rule 3. Yet, admins have turned a blind eye to DM screenshotting before, arguably closer to "real" doxxing than the aforementioned.

All of that is to say that factors such as the severity of the information can impact that which is considered a Rule 3 violation, just as play history can impact someone being jailed for a Rule 2 violation for example. So it's not silly to make the request being made here. Additionally, I do not think there is precedent for dismissing the information gathered through a Rule violation. Indeed, admins often request "evidence" for claims through screenshots of DMs that lack two-party consent. Rule 4 is real, it may well apply here. If it does, I think Bursting's evidence should not be dismissed.
snowfrog43
[rawr]

Post by snowfrog43 »

Just my opinion; you knew better and should not have done what you did.
There can be no tolerance for this, knowing what you knew and not sharing with Admin and or law enforcement is just not acceptable.
theotherhades1
[rawr]

Post by theotherhades1 »

snowfrog43 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:16 pm Just my opinion; you knew better and should not have done what you did.
There can be no tolerance for this, knowing what you knew and not sharing with Admin and or law enforcement is just not acceptable.
I would argue I should have known better, it never crossed my mind until afterward that what bursting had done was illegal and completely wrong and that's where I messed up.
snowfrog43
[rawr]

Post by snowfrog43 »

Sorry, there is just no defending it, and the fact that you continue to try is sad.
Think of those that were hurt or could have been hurt, Take the punishment and move on.
Myself I am not going to waist any further time discussing or reading about this.
It should never have happened.
theotherhades1
[rawr]

Post by theotherhades1 »

Idk why you think I'm defending it I never was

I don't think I can move on from this to be honest