New server

General simplicitypvp.net related topics
leofanx
still building aboveground

New server

Post by leofanx »

Once I've got the new server set up, the old server will be accessible at simplicitypvp.net:27027
I noticed that the simplicitypvp.net:27027 is up, does that mean the new server is ready to go (and we can update our clients)?
Yukar9
Admin

Re: New server

Post by Yukar9 »

Both and, I decided to setup a temporary 1.8 server while were waiting for bukkit to get updated, but this server will get wiped as soon as bukkit gets updated.
leofanx

Post by leofanx »

Awesome, thanks :)

Sidenote: I'm guessing it would be easier for players to stay at 1.7.3 until they transferred all their items from the old server? I don't have much left to transfer but it would still be nice being able to keep it.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

You'll be able to transfer stuff after the new server is up.
leofanx

Post by leofanx »

I checked craftbukkit's tweets and it doesn't look like they'll have it done by today.
Craftbukkit Bukkit
To give you an idea of exactly how much work this is: We're essentially rewriting Craftbukkit onto the new obfuscated code.
That being said, I went back to 1.7.3 for now, however, the :27027 server won't let me connect?
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

I'm running a backup for the 1.7.3 server, it should be back up soon. I just happened to read that actually, I guess we'll be on the temp server for some time.
leofanx

Post by leofanx »

10-4
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

I'm rather dissapointed that the official release is still crashing as bad as the pre release. I updated my own server and i'm amazed that the server never crashes it seems that the server would be the more taxing software. Anyhow is this temp server free build for any one no rules of any kind?
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Actually it's crashed twice now, anyway it's just a have-fun-do-whatever-you-want server.
sliderride
[rawr]

Post by sliderride »

I can't connect to
simplicitypvp.net:27027 (using 1.8 client)
where should I connect?