Website

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started
Trance104
Donator

A way to view who's online through your website

Post by Trance104 »

Maybe a player list that gets updated every x amount of minutes or even just a player count if that would take too many resources. It may even help yall out more to see what times of day are the busiest, etc.

You may even want to throw some google ads on your site. Just to pull in those extra $$$.

That's a thought and I respect the no ads.
Yukar9
Admin

Re: A way to view who's online through your website

Post by Yukar9 »

I will be adding some serverstatus, but I don't think I'll make a playerlist. It'll get too messy.

I'm not going to add google ads, tried it before, gives almost no money and 80% of all the ads are scams.
Trance104
Donator

Post by Trance104 »

Fair enough! :0)

Server status will be nice.
dpy
OP

Post by dpy »

MCServerlist does keep track of who's online btw, so at any point you can check http://mcserverlist.net/servers/4db30f1 ... 314a0000c7 for a *roughly* accurate user list.
Trance104
Donator

Post by Trance104 »

That satisfies my want. :0)

Thanks
Yukar9
Admin

Website

Post by Yukar9 »

Okay, as you can see I've made a few changes to the website, I was hoping it'd look better, but it still looks a bit amateurish. I'm not really use to making stuff meant to be seen by other people, so layout is definitely not my strong side. I was hoping some of you could come with suggestions for how I could make it all look better. Just post some ideas, suggestions, whatever. Like if you think it would look better in a different color, font, whatever.

I need to add something to make the pages look less blank, there's too much white atm.
Trance104
Donator

Re: Website

Post by Trance104 »

I agree, however the website is bugged out right now. I had to open this in a new tab. You could always put maybe a darker minecraft background/theme since the server is a little evil.

I like tabs, but I'm not a fan of windowed browsing... I can't think of the proper name. I prefer for the entire page to just change. I think it's called framed viewing?

I think you should encourage donations more so. It will only incent you to make a happier place :0)
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Which browser do you use? and exactly how is it bugged?

Yes, I used to use iframe for navigation, which is where the entire page doesn't change. But I don't use it anymore.

The thing with making backgrounds is that it makes it hard to read the text on top of it, but I can try messing abit around with some different background colors.
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

it's all messed up. the buttons are crammed into a skinny window along the top and i can't push any of them. but jazzing it up with MC texture would be great like a dirt background stone text windows brick buttons something like that
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Oh yeah, haven't thought of using MC textures, good idea. In which browser is it bugged? Looks fine for me in firefox, but I don't have IE installed.