World Boundary

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started

[UNOFFICIAL] Opinion poll on what's preferred

Boundary stays up and nothing else is done at all
5%
Boundary stays up, but we try one or more other options
18%
Boundary is simply removed, nothing else happens
14%
Boundary is removed, and we try other solutions
34%
More events
16%
Remove beds
2%
Add teleportation
11%

Total votes: 44

oldolwa
in iron armor

Re: World Boundary

Post by oldolwa »

Alright, say you are in fact 20k out. You take the portal in your base to spawn. There, 20k of travel time shrunk down to a couple of seconds. Once at spawn you find someone to fight. Let's say you lose. You will end up back at your 20k base with easy access to all of your diamonds/armor, take the portal back to spawn, kill the bastard that kiled you, get your loot back. Now all you have to do is either stay and fight some more, or walk back to your base with all the loot.
EggThief
in iron armor

Post by EggThief »

20k is much better than 40k! and I personally would use them a lot, I dont think I'd live 20k out but simply having no limit decreases the chances of your place being found immensely. Right now it's a set area so someone could just break it down and search the map systematicly. If we had no limit I doubt anyone would try that approach
worldruler086
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by worldruler086 »

Even if they did, they don't have a 100km^2 zone to scan thoroughly that everyone is forced to stay in. If I wasn't a pacificst on this game, I could see myself actually bothering to do that...
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Well, I think if we're going to go ahead and add teleportation (whether portals or commands,) we might as well do it completely instead of adding a half-teleportation system.
oldolwa
in iron armor

Post by oldolwa »

I don't think adding full teleportation would be good yukar. Adding complete teleportation would make it wayyyy too easy. Half teleportation i think is perfect.
Complete with commands would involve people not combat logging, but combat-teleporting.
mitte90
OP

Post by mitte90 »

but adding full teleportation it will ruin the server but a half teleportation system i can accept

but it will not prevent combat teleportation. i a fight u can simply teleport to spawn again and get away from the fight even if its a small distence
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

I never meant instant teleport commands, I wasn't referring to any specific system of teleportation. I was just saying that whatever method of teleportation, should be both ways.
worldruler086
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by worldruler086 »

Hm...I have an idea with that. To anyone who bothered to read my large post about 5 pages ago, I mentioned that I played on another server prior to this. We had something called "stargates". Basically, you make a gate with obby, and you have them connect to the network. The gate gets a name, as well as a password (though that's optional). Let's say I want to go to a friends base. His gatename is "IAMawesome" (case sensitive). I would pull the lever on my gate, then type something along the lines of "/gate IAMawesome". The gate would activate, and I'd walk in, and would teleport to his gate. Why do I like this? well, it's optional, for starters. Gates are pretty expensive (minus the newer models) with a total of 18 obby. Then gates become the new cords. Bases far out can be completely obliterated if their gate is known. Only issue is people eventually stopped bothering to walk more then a kilometer. Just an idea.
oldolwa
in iron armor

Post by oldolwa »

Hmmm i sort of like that idea world. Although i think we should only allow OPs to put them in place for us, or else it will get way out of control.
oldolwa
in iron armor

Post by oldolwa »

It will also allow us to have one central portal at spawn, used by the safety of the protected area :)