World Boundary

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started

[UNOFFICIAL] Opinion poll on what's preferred

Boundary stays up and nothing else is done at all
5%
Boundary stays up, but we try one or more other options
18%
Boundary is simply removed, nothing else happens
14%
Boundary is removed, and we try other solutions
34%
More events
16%
Remove beds
2%
Add teleportation
11%

Total votes: 44

worldruler086
hated the previously assigned rank

Re: World Boundary

Post by worldruler086 »

actually, that's a good idea egg. Do me a favor, post that in my thread about the gates. That way we'd have "areas of high traffic" besides just the spawn.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

After reading 50 additonal posts on this topic, I'd like to say a few things:

1) Youngs, you need to stop forming opinons for me and using me an example, I'm not your fucking tool.
2) I don't like the idea of Teleportaiton commands or portals because that negates the need of the building of quick and effective transportation. This means that minecart rails and nether passageways are rendered completely obsolite. The reason that the nether was added and as well as functional minecart systems is BECAUSE it takes so long to travel by foot in minecraft, if there is a frequented area you can go through, you can build a railway to and from it to ferry you, other players, and supplies along. And you can even save 8 times the rails by simply using the nether. Now of course, there are complications to things like this. There are pro's and con's to making a frequented rail system that you have to keep in mind. What if someone finds it? Make a failsafe.
Teleportation commands and portals render the modes of transportation added to minecraft completely useless. "Why should I spend 32 iron and gold blocks on rails when I can just use 10 obsidian to make an instant teleportation to anywhere?"

Just consider that.
FoSchnizzle
Moron

Post by FoSchnizzle »

Look into the portal topic, Lone. More has been said, and perhaps one of the newer ideas will suit you.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

None of these compromises cost much. A bit of obsidian doesn't equal stacks of iron.
YoungsMC
in diamond armor

Post by YoungsMC »

LoneSoldier55 wrote:Youngs, you need to stop forming opinons for me and using me an example, I'm not your fucking tool.
I'm not forming opinions for you. I'm using an example. I used you as an example because you were the person who said "I'll interact when I feel like it." and I had to show that "when I feel like it" isn't anarchy. It was meant to be taken hypothetically.
Bloop the poop
Moron

Post by Bloop the poop »

I think stargates are retarded..... there's a reason our server is called simplicity. From my knowledge of this server, yukar wanted a simple anarchy server when he created it, no? We already have enough plugins as is.
FoSchnizzle
Moron

Post by FoSchnizzle »

Well, change our name! Complexitypvp.net or maybe FoSchnizzle.net or perhaps pvp.net
Fluz43
in iron armor

Post by Fluz43 »

EggThief wrote:I think Oldolwa's solution would work. The main reason that I often dont want to go pvp at spawn is the travel time (it is agreed that spawn is where the vast majority of pvp occurs right?). This way if you go to spawn to pvp and die you can go right back to your bed and its not a waste of time, and you can get right back into the fight if you choose. Right now if you go to spawn and die right away it discourages you from going back because of all the time it took to get there, especially for those past 5k. This solution would satisfy both sides because the pro-limit side would get their increased pvp while the anti-limit side would be able to go out farther and build their big creations without being confined to the dangerous map limit. People could also go with the intention to fight and die with armor and weapons of lesser value. This would be better quality pvp than killing spawn rats. The one way portals would prevent people from fleeing the battle with no risk of being followed, unlike the use of teleports, which are already out of the question.
This goes back 3-4 or so pages, but to shorten what I originally typed,
IF, and I say IF, we drop the limit,

We should allow the /spawn or teleport system, but we will be teleported only so close to it. For example, If I was 20k out, I would say /spawn and be teleported not straight to the spawn, but X percent towards it. Not only half, but not all the way. More like 85% of the way there, being about 3,000 blocks to walk, contrary to 20,000. Therefore, PVP is still an option while going to the spawn. Who knows, you might find a base to raid along the way :P. Still, it saves much time that could be dedicated towards other stuff, in Minecraft or not.

Excuse typos, and such. It's 2:40 in the morning here
Fluz43
in iron armor

Post by Fluz43 »

To add to it as I thought of it, it would be about as efficient as the nether, because, even though you go 5% more than the nether, you still need to walk over hills, get food, and shit. And the few times I travel via nether, I take paths and hide them in open areas (complicated, I know.)
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

how about /spawn but no /home that way to get home you need to die or risk the journey with whatever loot you're bringing home.