Fluz43
in iron armor

"Kony 2012"

Post by Fluz43 »

oldolwa
in iron armor

Re: "Kony 2012"

Post by oldolwa »

Wow, i watched that last night and it was crazy!! never would have thought to post it up on here.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

tbh. it's amazing what a successful viral campaign can do. Yesterday I don't think anybody I know irl knew of it, today everybody was talking about.
Bloop the poop
Moron

Post by Bloop the poop »

Yukar9 wrote:tbh. it's amazing what a successful viral campaign can do. Yesterday I don't think anybody I know irl knew of it, today everybody was talking about.
It's been around for quite some time. There were some people involved with invisible children that came and talked at my school for a few hours. It was real cool and I bought a t-shirt to support them. This all has to do with children being used to fight in wars, and how they have to move every night to different places so soldiers don't come and kidnap them. One of these child soldiers actually came to my school, and the story he told us was so shocking. I think this 'kony' guy is the man behind all this, well not think but Either i;ve mistaken him for another guy or something but John kony or whatever thought he received a message from god to go fight and all that dumb shit and because he was running out of soldiers in his war, he reverted to using children. The adult soldiers come into villages and take the kids from their parents. Sometimes even to ensure the childs loyalty, he will be forced to execute relatives and siblings. It's truly an aweful thing.
Bloop the poop
Moron

Post by Bloop the poop »

bumpity bump
Meltonville
[rawr]

Post by Meltonville »

oldolwa wrote:Wow, i watched that last night and it was crazy!! never would have thought to post it up on here.
Just as the video said, we should spread this awareness everywhere we can. I think it was a good idea to post this here, because I'm sure some of us haven't heard of this until we found this thread, and every person counts. And also, the video already has over 40 million views and over 1 million likes, so this will definitely become a well known campaign soon enough, if not right now. If this keeps going, we might hopefully end all of this.
worldruler086
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by worldruler086 »

Well, the thing is, Kony has fled Uganda over 6 years ago. The US has no idea where he is, and the LRA, at least in latest US reports, has only 200 remaining members in the jungle at the Congo. This is a great movement, but only if we use this viral video to catch the next Kony.
FoSchnizzle
Moron

Post by FoSchnizzle »

Nobody realizes about things like this until people make it worldwide. Children being abducted and sent to war isn't something that just started. As great as it is that awareness is being spread, it's a bit too late for a lot of them.
worldruler086
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by worldruler086 »

My point is the US has already done a lot. Kony is on the FBI "wanted" list, and we've already done much for Uganda, like setting up comm stations in the thick jungles of the Congo. All this movement is doing is making us aware of him. Believe me, Kony isn't an exception. There are plenty more like him.
FoSchnizzle
Moron

Post by FoSchnizzle »

I understood your point; I was not arguing against it, merely stating that, although all of this is being done, earlier awareness would've been cool too.