New admins & other help

General simplicitypvp.net related topics
el_andres96
hated the previously assigned rank

Re: New admins & other help

Post by el_andres96 »

Ultra wrote:Well whoever is chosen does need to cover times when Europeans are asleep at school or whatever, so whoever it is should probably be from America/Canada or Asia. There are no admins on the server for more than half the day and it can be very frustrating when someone spams with impunity.
I live in Canada and, you're right. When I'm online there's no admins on because of the different hours.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Well, here are the currently active admins.

mitte90 - Sweden
Gnato - Poland
MisterStrawman - US
Me - non-specific

I suppose another American and somebody from Asia/Oceania would be good.
SilasOfBorg
Donator

Post by SilasOfBorg »

non-specific? Does that mean your location is a distributed probability density function?

That would be pretty cool. My own personal wave function seems to have collapsed ("100% of the time, in my chair").
el_andres96

Post by el_andres96 »

We need some more admins from Canada/US to have more admin suport in the server.
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

I'd support egg and hugo as admins I know egg is good for it and i guess hugo would be all right. Every one else i have nothing to base an opinion on. I wouldn't be against lone either but like he said, his reputation may not be so great in most eyes.
EggThief
in iron armor

Post by EggThief »

Yukar9 wrote:I was kinda hoping there would be more discussion about this, rather than just people volunteering.
Discussion about what we can do to help or what we think about the volunteers?

Also what kinda things were you envisioning for the website? First thing that I could think of is putting up a screenshots section strictly of bases/creations on this server, so new people realize it's not all a wasteland. Perhaps a short beginner's survival guide so the regulars don't have to keep repeating it.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Opinions on specific people.

For the website, I was thinking generally maintaining it, which could include adding screenshots and what not.
hugobros3
in iron armor

Post by hugobros3 »

Thanks rev for your support :)

I think Egg might be a good admin too (and he lives in US ! ), and I think lone's case is interesting : He can be a real troll and drive annoying noobs mad.
On my server we have a moderator wich was named almost only for the purpose of getting rids of retards with style. We call that a sadomodo ( a mix between sadomasochist and moderator in french ), he not only ban, but troll to ragequit. And that's really awesome :D So I support Lone too. I don't know the others, so I am neutral about them.

I do think that mid-ops status would be cool to just get rid of spammers without giving too much power to unknown people.
el_andres96

Post by el_andres96 »

I vote for Egg aswell. He always helps new players in the server to start up or give them advice on something. He would be a good admin.
Ultra
still building aboveground

Post by Ultra »

Egg is a good egg.