Thoughts on a new map?

General simplicitypvp.net related topics
oldolwa
in iron armor

Re: Thoughts on a new map?

Post by oldolwa »

i think it's time for a map reset, granted Yuk is willing to transfer over bases and such. It's always nice to have a new, fresh beginning. The amount of content that we would be missing out on is hefty. I know you could travel out +100k, but that takes away almost all player interaction. New biomes within the "normal playing zone" would be a nice change. I see the map reset as a win-win. No one is really at a loss.
el_andres96
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by el_andres96 »

I don't get what you guys will expect from resetting the map? People will still go over 100k do their bases ans such. There will be no change whatsoever except for the fact that many players will just quit the server. There's only negative consequences, what's the point in doing it if so?
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

Last time the map was reset it gave half the server no rasins to come back.
mitte90
OP

Post by mitte90 »

how about a map reset and make nether roof walking banneble ( or just not allowed ).

even if i like our old map with the ruins from the legends, the real multiplayer aspect is near spawn where people interact we that live far from spawn is almost playing singleplayer with a chat and sometime travel to pvp world to simulate real multiplayer.
VenusAngelic_
wannabe troll, flaming us by entering arbitrary words in capslock

Post by VenusAngelic_ »

it would be fun but i just made my new big mansion and dont want to lose all the other big awesome buildings i made and bann nether travelling u joking right ?
i want to go above nether if i will travell.
so yeah maybe reset the map and get the buildings transffered then i would agree
mitte90
OP

Post by mitte90 »

nether roof travel is a glitch and would have been banneble from the beginning.. u take a big part of minecraft away by doing it.. exploration
EggThief
in iron armor

Post by EggThief »

mitte90 wrote:how about a map reset and make nether roof walking banneble ( or just not allowed ).

even if i like our old map with the ruins from the legends, the real multiplayer aspect is near spawn where people interact we that live far from spawn is almost playing singleplayer with a chat and sometime travel to pvp world to simulate real multiplayer.

I agree. There's always people who will go far out, and if they want to play SMP that's their choice. If we allow some really nice bases to be transferred over old players won't have much of a reason to quit. Also a reset would help bring new players in. It discourages a bunch of new players when they see spawn and can't get enough food to survive. I know people will say if you're too dumb to survive then get out but some people just don't want to deal with the hassle. It's worse than when any of us started and it's only getting worse. For example Boxy said she nearly quit early on because of it, and she was one of the best players/mods we ever had.

I know it will get wrecked no matter what, but that takes a while. There are other solutions too such as resetting the first few hundred blocks every once in a long while where no one builds anything substantial.
EggThief
in iron armor

Post by EggThief »

mitte90 wrote:nether roof travel is a glitch and would have been banneble from the beginning.. u take a big part of minecraft away by doing it.. exploration
That's very true. It's like a less glorified form of teleporting, no danger, no exploration, no thinking required
EggThief
in iron armor

Post by EggThief »

miniwimi wrote:Why care about horses close to spawn anyways? Besides, horses spawn in any plains biome anyways.
Yeah some people could care less about horses, not one of my main selling points just another feature that new players have to go to greater lengths to have on this map.
oldolwa
in iron armor

Post by oldolwa »

I have played on some 1.7.2 servers already, and while they weren't pseudo-vanilla, i actually quite liked them. I liked the fact that i could log in and be right in the center of the update. I didn't have to travel at all to find any of the new features. I think a key aspect to gaining new players is having the ability to give them the content that they want. Anyone one that hasn't played on simplicity, but wants to utilize the new biomes isn't going to want to spend the time to travel out that far. Having a map reset will keep the loyal simplicity players and bring in new players. Like eggthief said, getting out of spawn is difficult and logging in for the first time and seeing wasteland isn't all too welcoming.