Maybe fixing this lag will attract more players?

General simplicitypvp.net related topics
Yukar9
Admin

Re: Maybe fixing this lag will attract more players?

Post by Yukar9 »

The old server was 50 euros a month, but I would encourage everybody to try and find the best deal. A scalable VPS would be nice.
A. Pippenger
in diamond armor

Post by A. Pippenger »

Ok, according to the google converter, 50 euros is $67.84 in American dollars. That is more than one player would like to donate per month probably, and definitely out of my range.

However, Yukar told me on the server that he pays 20 euros a month or $27 a month. So that means to upgrade the server back to the previous one, total player donations would have to exceed 30 euros each month, or $40. That is still far out of my range, and I assume the same is true for a lot of people.

Two monthly donators would each have to spend 15 euros or $20 dollars. Still a lot, that adds up over time.

Three would need to spend 10 euros or $13 each month. Slightly more feasible.

Four would spend 8 euros or $10 each month.

Five would spend 6 euros or $8.

Six would spend 5 euros or $7.

Seven would spend 4 euros or $6.

Eight would spend 4 euros or $5.

Nine would spend 3 euros or $4.

Ten or more people is unlikely, but it would just keep getting cheaper.

So the question is, how much is everyone willing to donate? I am not trying to pressure anyone, I personally can not donate much, because I have no income right now. I think a lot of people here are students or just unemployed and don't have a ton of extra cash. I could probably honestly only give like $2 a month or something.

If anyone wants to go back to the old server, say how much you'd be willing to donate monthly, and we'll see if it's at all feasible.

If we end up nowhere close (which is kinda likely I think) we could see about servers that are more expensive than the current one, but less expensive than the old one. I'm not trying to be the final word on this, I am trying to start a conversation. Cause if we want to improve the server, we have to talk money.

(If I made a mistake with the math, please just point it out politely and I will fix it. It's pretty simple calculations but I may have messed something up somewhere.)
morl0ck
pinko commie bastard

Post by morl0ck »

Get more people to commit, and once I get a bank account later this month I can set up a recurring payment of like $10 a month. I promised Yukar a donation long ago, anyway.

Even with my shitty job, it isn't that much money.
mitte90
OP

Post by mitte90 »

yukar said that the old server cost 50 euro
Ultra
still building aboveground

Post by Ultra »

I would definitely be willing to pay $5 a month. Automatic resets with a warning beforehand would also be acceptable.
Melvin3000

Post by Melvin3000 »

Would auto rejoining mods be allowed if there was an automatic restart? It would be pretty annoying to go afk at some sort of farm and come back to realize you got kicked 5 minutes after leaving.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Melvin3000 wrote:Would auto rejoining mods be allowed if there was an automatic restart? It would be pretty annoying to go afk at some sort of farm and come back to realize you got kicked 5 minutes after leaving.
Sure, that'd be fine.
ZeroVisibility

Post by ZeroVisibility »

I'd be up for donating a reasonable amount a month, contact me if you get other people to join in as well. Also can we maybe get an official donators post? Where people will pledge how much they will donate per month, and maybe sign for a certain amount of months. Also, I hate donar perks. Some servers give diamonds, and OP, or something even small as a /home command to their donars. Lets please... not do that... but maybe, we could have some sort of incentive, such as a special name and a reserved slot? Any other ideas on non game changing donar incentives?
A. Pippenger
in diamond armor

Post by A. Pippenger »

Zero, how much do you consider a reasonable amount? Because right now, if no other donors come in you would have to donate more than $20 monthly to cover the remaining cost yourself. I'd guess that you don't feel like doing that. I think we need to give specific answers about if we'd be willing to donate and how much so other people will step up. If nobody knows the numbers, nobody will want to come in I think.

How it is right now:

Player Target: $40
Pip: $3 (I have no job, sorry)
Ultra: $5
Morl: $10
Zero: $??
Total Pledged Money: $18+$??
Money Needed: $22-$??

So the total amount that players still need to pledge is something short of $22. Another person or two pledging what Morl0ck did would be enough to get the old server back. Zero, if you could give a specific amount, and if anyone else who wants to donate could say so here, we could close the gap. I'm not trying to pressure anyone into donating (I'm giving way less than anyone else personally), I just want to make this more concrete so we actually know if we can or can't.
deflowvesper
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by deflowvesper »

ZeroVisibility wrote:Also can we maybe get an official donators post? Where people will pledge how much they will donate per month, and maybe sign for a certain amount of months.

I sorta agree to this, it wont hurt to have a donation page. There are many that loves this server and im sure they would be silling to donate a few cents. but as pipinger said, we need a certian amount of donation (per month or so) to get a old server back. I am up for it, i've been doing pretty well recently with my mortgage and finances so i dont mind donating a few each month.
ZeroVisibility wrote:I hate donar perks. Some servers give diamonds, and OP, or something even small as a /home command to their donars. Lets please... not do that... but maybe, we could have some sort of incentive, such as a special name and a reserved slot? Any other ideas on non game changing donar incentives?
We do not plan on adding such feature(give free items,op,/home). But special names, i think there will be mix of opinions on this. Personally, i dont agree with special names as it will differentiate a player from one another, last thing we want is an ingame discrimination policies and act. Regarding reserved slots, i dont see much of a point on this really, maybe others will have better opinion.

If you want a incentives heres a better one, have yukar hand carve a small wooden figure of the donator's in-game character and post it to them.