18%
No
82%

Total votes: 11

Bloop the poop
Moron

Re: Poll: Do you use Origin?

Post by Bloop the poop »

Yukar9 wrote:Well, I'm a big battlefield 2 lover, I've played it so much. So when BF2142 came out I obviously pre-ordered it and all (through EA link, which is what origin was called in 2006). So, I purchased it, got some awesome days in the beta (everybody who pre-ordered got beta access before release). Then, when the game get's released, I can't play it. Every time I try to join a server it kicks me after one minute with the error 'Punkbuster' No more details or anything. I try it on 3 different computers, same problem on all 3. I contact EA support, but all they're good for is writing "We're sorry, we're unable to assist you with this problem" and "We're sorry, we're unable to provide refunds". So basically I paid money for a game that doesn't work, and support that can't care less.

Second problem: Having learnt how terrible EA's digital downloads system is (no matter if they call it EA download manager, EA link, EA downloader, or origin), I decide to buy crysis on a CD, this was after the release of the game, I only bought it because my friends told me how awesome it was (I otherwise don't play singleplayer games). So I buy the CD mailorder, pop it in, it starts installing, 50 minutes later "Unable to read CD" (or something; can't remember exact error message) and the install stops. I try several times, on 2 computers, same error all the time. I contact the people who sold it to me, they tell me to fuck off. I contact EA support, they tell me to fuck off (politely of course). The problem was that the disc was scratched, and although that's not EAs fault, they could at least let me register my account using the CD key so I could still play, it was only the install disc that wasn't working (they had me check the CD key was legit, it was). So I end up buying another CD at gamestop, which worked and that was the end of it.

Now, after learning from those two mistakes, I buy all my EA games from gamestop, and I haven't had a problem since. So I get a copy of BF3 reserved for me, at gamestop, and then I find out I'm going to be forced to use origin. Which, I simply don't trust because

A) It's operated by EA.
B) They have that part in the EULA that lets them gather all the info they want about my computer (not anonymously), and then resell it to third parties.

So I'm in a dilemma, either I lose the money I spent on my reserved copy of BF3, or I give up my privacy, give EA the right to install spyware on my computer (notice the wording, I'm not saying they're going to, I'm saying I'm giving them the right to, so many people say "who knows if they're actually gonna put spyware on your computer? it could just be there in case they want to at some point").
Was looking through old stuff and found this cuz I was bored. Yuk, I feel for you buddy. Today I played halfway through the bf3 campaign and it deleted my entire save when I restarted my xbox. I was halfway through! HALFWAY fucking through! And it's all because my "play profile data was damaged". I never had any problems with other games, even BF2. Really pissed me off.

so I go to EA's game support too see if they'll fix my level and reset my spot in my campaign and they're all like "FUCK OFF!". Although a good game, BF3 is really fucked up sometimes....
TLRedemption
Noob

Re: Poll: Do you use Origin?

Post by TLRedemption »

I guess i'm of the minority which has never had problems with origin, and even before it was named origin.