New Spawn design

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started

Spawn Reform

Use this design
75%
Reform but not like this
13%
No reform
13%

Total votes: 8

Gingeronamission
in diamond armor

Re: New Spawn design

Post by Gingeronamission »

But killing spawn rats is FUN. I say make it so players from the outside can get in, and enable pvp, except for say a 10 by 10 area where the players initally spawn.
But other than that, I like it
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

again that defeats the purpose of this design. the main concept being if an area is to be protected from damage then it must not have PVP. So a 10 by 10 space with the hard to enter buffer zone is what you'd want
This is the simpelest the spawn could be while keeping with a spawn that's protected reenterable and not surrounded by a protected pvp area
RevStoningpot
Moron

Post by RevStoningpot »

size could easily be varried i'm trying to keep with the classic look of bedrock stone slab and torch ring I'm sure we're all cool with those details right?
FoSchnizzle
Moron

Post by FoSchnizzle »

I like the small one. With a tad of touching up, it'd be perfect. ie. things like the signs for new players, maybe less torches, blah blah blah.
YoungsMC
in diamond armor

Post by YoungsMC »

That's not hard to get into. Just don't remove PVP at spawn.
RevStoningpot
Moron

Post by RevStoningpot »

it's only meant to be hard when evading combat surely a person may get up before dying but the climb up the ladder gives an attacker some last chance whacks. and there is no point to having pvp every where if that were the case we'd have to remove all spawn protection. which i'm fine with but i'm sure yukar would never go for it. any how the protected spawn is what get's people involved and get's new players to stick around that's why i'm trying to find a way to ease combat problems while maintaining a safe accessable spawn site
FoSchnizzle
Moron

Post by FoSchnizzle »

Even better, the old spawn, with less protections. Just have that 16x16 or whatever it was tower protected, and nothing else, and have no entry way into it. Problems with this?
YoungsMC
in diamond armor

Post by YoungsMC »

Yes, the old spawn was very nice. You couldn't use it to escape combat, and the new players wouldn't be killed at spawn.
The spawn already has PVP enabled. There's a small spot where it isn't enabled but you can't climb up to it.

I don't see the point of having a 16x16 tower that you can climb back up to. There shouldn't be a spot where we can easily get to that gives us godmode.
I like the idea of making spawn look better, but if we're going to do such we should keep the small space that you can't climb back up to and have PVP enabled everywhere else.

Hard to enter isn't very hard. I don't want last-chance whacks, I'd rather have them try to escape without using worldguard to their advantage.
Last edited by YoungsMC on Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
RevStoningpot
Moron

Post by RevStoningpot »

if the spawn was not reenterable then you would need a no build buffer zone to stop people from building up to where they can jump over and if there is such a space it would have to be no pvp to stop the combat logging. in my design i use a very small no buil yes pvp area so logging out in a protected area would be a less likely situation but not entirly gone. And besides like I just said before getting back into spawn is a good thing for the server. granted all the extra players are just spawn rats but the rats give new players imidiate interaction and provide possible team mates to noobs.
YoungsMC
in diamond armor

Post by YoungsMC »

Are you okay with this? The tower should be around 10 blocks high.
Last edited by YoungsMC on Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:57 am, edited 2 times in total.