Old Spawn Topics

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started
leofanx
still building aboveground

Re: Spawn protection

Post by leofanx »

Long story short: yes you do have to suck badly in order to lose vs someone who has nothing, however they can grind you down over time. Also, it doesn't really matter what items you have, 3-4-5 people vs 1, you're going to lose eventually. I have about 30 minutes of fraps video footage that backs up what I'm saying.
Last edited by leofanx on Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xestia
OP

Post by Xestia »

Please do.
leofanx

Post by leofanx »

Sure thing. Is it because you don't believe me or you just have a hard time wrapping your head around what I'm saying? Uploading btw.
Xestia
OP

Post by Xestia »

I'm not saying you're lying, I'm just trying to figure out what those 30 mins of video is of, and what they supposedly prove.
leofanx

Post by leofanx »

For the sake of keeping the conversation of this thread on topic:
One would be foolish to go to spawn without armor; of course I was equipped. I hadn't anticipated someone coming at me with 500 arrows versus my diamond sword though. So the trade lead to me disconnecting as to not lose all the stuff I had brought with me. Even if I had managed to kill said enemies, they would respawn near me and chase me down with their "I have nothing to lose!" mentality. Another instance, when I came to spawn to trade ( I brought a bow and arrows this time), 2 guys with absolutely nothing kept coming at me, all they would do is respawn and chase me down, slowly grinding my armor and food away, while I waste my arrows trying to keep them at bay. When someone at spawn would connect, they'd tell them to chase me by saying "leo has a bunch of shit on him, get him!", so I'd have 2, 3, 4, 5 players chasing me down. They didn't give a shit; they had nothing to lose and everything to gain.
I'm trying to make a point out of the redundancy of the spawn area not being protected, especially when it comes to trades. A few months back, when the spawn point had bridges facing in all directions, the entire spawn area was protected, thus was the only GUARANTEED place to trade without getting backstabbed.

http://files.laggaming.com/members/Se7eN/forXestia.avi <- video of me grinding down players, I had been doing this for a while already.

http://files.laggaming.com/members/Se7eN/forXestia2.avi <- video of me getting chased by the very same people who I pissed-off, only this time they already grinded me down and are doing it for revenge.

My point is:
I don't agree with being able to relentlessly rape people at spawn, to a point where some quit.
I don't think having a dedicated "trading post" would harm the server in any way.

PS: I'm not uploading 30 minutes of video for 1 doubtful user, especially with my 650kbps upload rate, however what you see in the video backs up what I said in my arguments: you can relentlessly rape people at spawn and/or you can over time get grinded down by people who gang on you.

and finally
I'm not saying you're lying, I'm just trying to figure out what those 30 mins of video is of, and what they supposedly prove.
Why did you say "please do" if you had no idea?
Last edited by leofanx on Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xestia
OP

Post by Xestia »

Didn't you know what I was trying to prove before you said "Please do" to me uploading them? ......
No I didn't, you didn't make it clear exactly what you were trying to prove. Which is why I asked for the video, which would make that clear.
I don't agree with being able to relentlessly rape people at spawn, to a point where some quit.
That's not the way spawn is now, no matter how much diamond a guy has on him, he'll still only be able to walk as fast as a guy with nothing. Even if somebody is specifically targeting you, it's not very hard to escape spawn.
I don't think having a dedicated "trading post" would harm the server in any way.
As long as people can only enter to actually trade, I agree it wouldn't do harm, although I don't see the point in it.
leofanx

Post by leofanx »

That's not the way spawn is now
yes it is.
no matter how much diamond a guy has on him, he'll still only be able to walk as fast as a guy with nothing
now you're just being a smartass.

Just watch the freakin videos.
leofanx

Post by leofanx »

although I don't see the point in it.
I'm not sure if you're just trolling me or simply ignoring everything I wrote.

Back to my very first post:
Just throwing it out there, would it be possible to bring back the spawn protection like it was a few months ago? It used to extend as far as the (now gone) 4 bridges facing each direction if I recall correctly? It was the only place you could be in the server where you could commute/trade with other players without fear of being killed/backstabbed
Yukar9, captain, blade and everyone else who read my post and/or replied to this subject seems to *get it* or understand, except you. This is starting to get to a point where its just spammy flaming, considering I have to quote my older posts that you clearly didn't read. At this point I don't really give a shit if you understand my point or not. Sorry Xiesta, cheers.
Xestia
OP

Post by Xestia »

I assure you, I'm not trolling you, I don't see the point in a trade post when you can trade just as easily without one. I have read each and every one of your posts, and I've provided arguments as to why they're faulty. Anyway, the videos prove nothing, they were trying to kill you, obviously you had no problem killing them. If they had instead just walked out of spawn and ignored you, they could have easily gotten away from you, and started playing the server. In regards to the second video I didn't know pvp was enabled inside that area, I agree that should be fixed, but that still has nothing to do with rest of the spawn, which is what I'm talking about.

Look, I know you aren't going to take my word for anything, so let me have breakfast, and then we can try a little experiment. I'll dump all my stuff in a chest, /kill myself, and try to escape you killing me at spawn. I guarantee that even though you are specifically targeting me, I'll be able to get away from you on my first try.
leofanx

Post by leofanx »

when you can trade just as easily without one
I'm not sure you understand where my suggestion to revert back to the old spawn protection stems from: me getting backstabbed whilst trying to trade.
Last edited by leofanx on Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.