Solutions to CombatLogging

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started

What should we do about Combat-Logging?

1. Remove the 2-second godmode
20%
2. Do nothing about Combat-Logging
60%
3. Do something about Combat-Logging, but not like this!
20%

Total votes: 10

FoSchnizzle
Moron

Re: Solutions to CombatLogging

Post by FoSchnizzle »

Well, we all have some damn fine points, now how the hell do we compromise?
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

also past rulings on the subject decided that only logging out in a pvp enabled but build disabled area was unfair due to the fact that the attacker can't build traps. All other logging is legit and if you don't think traps are effective and you think you could win the fight then wait if it's so important to you.
YoungsMC
in diamond armor

Post by YoungsMC »

When I say Combat-Logging I am referring to someone who escapes death by logging out. From personal experience, it's a bigger problem because it's much more common.
If you don't think ANTIPvPLOGGER isn't vanilla, I won't be able to change your mind. But since you believe that the 2-second godmode is a glitch, please vote for #3!

@FoSchnizzle
If we have to I'd still be happy with #3. It depends on how the voting turns out.
FoSchnizzle
Moron

Post by FoSchnizzle »

But there's a dead tie. Hardly seems like a unanimous vote; quite far from it.
YoungsMC
in diamond armor

Post by YoungsMC »

FoSchnizzle wrote:But there's a dead tie. Hardly seems like a unanimous vote; quite far from it.
I posted this less than 2 hours ago, lol.
FoSchnizzle
Moron

Post by FoSchnizzle »

Haha yeah, but you get my point? If things continue as such, it'll only disturb what little peace is left. What we need is something near all of us can agree on, yeah?
YoungsMC
in diamond armor

Post by YoungsMC »

I think most of us would be able to agree on #3. It's the least extreme, and I'm sure #2 voters would rather have #3 than nothing. Still I'm not changing my vote, atleast for now.
Bloop the poop
Moron

Post by Bloop the poop »

Yeah.... The three second godmode tho is more for time to render chunks, ect. I think #2 is a better solution. But you guys need to know that this won't happen unless Yukar sees it..
worldruler086
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by worldruler086 »

I don't personally agree with you, but I'll admit I respect you for trying to present your idea both passionately and while being open-minded. But you seem to be confused with why those who are saying "this isn't vanilla" are saying that. You see, the limit, as well as this proposal, does nothing for those players, and instead helps those on your side of the fence. I'm not saying appealing to your issues isn't a bad thing, but it seems simplicity used to be "play how you want to play", and now it has become "play how you want to play, but you have to follow these strict rules". So, once again, I disagree with you on this proposal, but I hope we can go through a formal discussion involving it.
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

for the record i would agree to 3 as a compromise but at this point it looks kinda like voting for nader.