Multiworld

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started

[OFFICIAL MAJORITY VOTE] Do this? (majority at end of vote get their way)

Poll ended at Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:27 pm

Yes
62%
No
38%

Total votes: 37

Yukar9
Admin

Re: Multiworld

Post by Yukar9 »

or, they could just see your name in the ground, and decide to go digging.
Gnatogryz
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by Gnatogryz »

FoSchnizzle wrote:Wait, that could be majorly abused. If you're in your base, chilling, and you tp to the other world, and someone else is up ground, traveling, they would see, and assume your base is somewhere below them. Hrm.
Agreed, cooldowns, wind-ups etc would be better than broadcasting the coords.
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

so let's just do an official vote already since this has already got 2 nos, even though it has 0 complaints, and the vote here only counts if it's 100%
dpy
OP

Post by dpy »

I'm 100% for the multiverse - I would prefer cooldowns/warmups to coord broadcasting though.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Meh, website isn't quite ready for it. We'll use the current poll for a majority vote that expires in a week (I can see who votes, so we'll just do it that way)
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

MCPVP does a teleportation like so:

When you teleport to spawn, you have spawn protection until you either hit another player without it or exit the spawn boundary. You cannot warp anywhere from within spawn. You can warp while next to a player, but only if you stand still for 10 seconds.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Well, I don't see why you'd need spawn protection when teleporting between the worlds.

I'm thinking coords broadcast because then you have to be careful when teleporting between world, otherwise somebody will get your coords, this means that this won't result in everybody having an impossible to find base. Clearly there should still be some delay.
FoSchnizzle
Moron

Post by FoSchnizzle »

Regarding the broadcast, would it be 50 spherical, centered on the player, or 50x/z, with any y?
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

i see no prob with that. If you're parranoid just get 100 blocks away from base before warp. I think people are just out right scared when they hear 'brodcast coords'. A good base shouldn't have people wandering around with in 50 blocks of it.
Gnatogryz
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by Gnatogryz »

Yukar9 wrote:I'm thinking coords broadcast because then you have to be careful when teleporting between world, otherwise somebody will get your coords, this means that this won't result in everybody having an impossible to find base. Clearly there should still be some delay.
This gives the upper hand to the people who have entity radars and/or higher render distance. It might be actually discouraging for people to use the pvp dimension, because they risk not only dying and losing all their current gear, but also getting their place destroyed.

High enough cooldowns and windups will make people use enough caution when teleporting, there's no need imho for coords broadcasting.