map limit

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started

Add a 5k world boundary?

Poll ended at Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:01 pm

Yes
46%
No
54%

Total votes: 52

RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Re: map limit

Post by RevStoningpot »

I think pianiseemo is just having all his friends vote cuz there were like suddenly 10 new votes when he showed up.
RevStoningpot
Moron

Post by RevStoningpot »

oh yeah and people keep saying your bases will be transfered. But there has been no official claim that this will be done. And even if it is i don't want my shit so close to spawn.if i did i'd've made it there.
pianiseemo
OP

Post by pianiseemo »

RevStoningpot wrote:I think pianiseemo is just having all his friends vote cuz there were like suddenly 10 new votes when he showed up.
Isn't everyone campaigning? Do you just enjoy mudslinging? At least I didn't use /say to campaign.

Tons of Ad hominem attacks against your opponents coupled with profanity and attacks on their intelligence/skill. Can you please act maturely?
Last edited by pianiseemo on Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xestia
OP

Post by Xestia »

I explained my definition of a creative server in an earlier post, you may have missed that or quite simply ignored it.

I do hate this server, in fact I hate it so much the only reason I support this suggestion is because I want this server to die out.

People play here because they like the server the way it is? I'm sorry, you lost me at people play here.

There's a risk of you being attacked?

Honestly I haven't found a single server which has a decent set of rules and a world boundary, which is why I still play here.
none of us opposed are trying to force you to go far out so why don't you return the respect you fucking twat.
Because there's a difference between asking somebody to do something, and asking somebody to not do something. Then (as I've stated countless times already) the reason I want this access restricted is because that free access is killing this server.

Also, why the personal attack? By now you should know me well enough to know that flaming me only angers oneself. You see writing angrily in such a manner is often a sort of mental struggle. It's done because you've noticed that you no longer can be 100% sure of winning this vote, and as such you become stressed and resort to personally attacking my character instead of my proposition, and it shows that you are in a weakened state.
pianiseemo
OP

Post by pianiseemo »

Going into what Xestia says, it's not that I like limits, it's just a necessary evil. If we can get sufficient action on this server, then of course the limit will be expanded or removed, and I'll be the first one to put a post on it.
Scar
wannabe troll, flaming us by entering arbitrary words in capslock

Post by Scar »

If this is in play I bet the server popularity would go down simply because of people stealing and greifing if there is a 5 k limit. The only reason we build so far away is so our hard work of gathering and building does not go to waste because of someone cant play the game and gather things.
Vaslor
[rawr]

Post by Vaslor »

Scar, if you ever come back to read this, you're stating the obvious.

I'll disagree. I'll restate Pianiseemo and Xestia's points about "If you want to build pretty things, go to a Freebuild or non-PvP server. Still, looking at the votes, about half the people on the server seem to be trying to be carebares and avoid outside interaction. I expect most of these people to leave when if this map limit does happen. By the looks of it, that's half the server leaving. I know this theory isn't 100% accurate, but it's irrational to deny that most of these people will leave the server. I'll stay, this server is way too interesting (Don't you agree, Dyplz? Rev?) If we all get pitted in a 5k x 5k map limit, alot more yummy drama and chaos will occur.

About this going against "the vanilla doctrine" of this server: I believe there will always be times when you need to go against rules or protocol for morals or other, more important reasons.

I'll admit to being a hypocrite. I'm over 20k, and after some recent events, I was considering going over 100k away. I told myself I'd go back to spawn when I had tons of resources to spare and such. But now, I realize that when I go back, there won't be anyone there... If this happens, I'll be glad to join in on the action, and watch the inevitable, over dramatic in-game chat.

One thing that keeps me a bit worried. Someone posted (don't remeber who; can't be bothered to search for it) something about the resources would be gone very quickly. With a finite map, they'll diminish. How will this be dealt with? The only resolution I can think of is a ~weekly or ~biweekly(maybe even monthly) map reset. I'd take a while to ponder the pros and cons of that. Otherwise, what other solution to this is there, if any?

TL;DR: If you want to make pretty things, go to a freebuild/creative/non-pvp server or single player. Otherwise, let's get some action going on this server.
RevStoningpot
Moron

Post by RevStoningpot »

I'm not angry about anythin gi called you a fucking twat and the rest of you retards cuz i can't stad your stupid ass PC debate team bull shit this is the real world where people can express themselves how they wish. So if you admit that you hate this server fuck off already. And pianiseemo what i meant is you're having people who don't even play here come vote your way. if you all want to kill this server with a limit then i'll just go back to 2b2t.net. I certainly won't stay here and i still havn't heard from any of you shit brains how killing freedom will generate more intrest in the server. I don't know about the other no voters but i'm done here if this shit passes.
Vaslor
[rawr]

Post by Vaslor »

Scar wrote:If this is in play I bet the server popularity would go down simply because of people stealing and greifing if there is a 5 k limit. The only reason we build so far away is so our hard work of gathering and building does not go to waste because of someone cant play the game and gather things.
I'm sorry to continue going against you, but I think you need a better perspective of how others feel about this. A 5k limit will cause people to have to fight more. I know you too well, don't you love owning people and stealing from others?

We can find a secondary server if you want so badly to build safely.
RevStoningpot
Moron

Post by RevStoningpot »

the whole point is i don't want to build safly i just want a big enough buffer that i might finnish before it's desroyed