map limit

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started

Add a 5k world boundary?

Poll ended at Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:01 pm

Yes
46%
No
54%

Total votes: 52

Vaslor
[rawr]

Re: map limit

Post by Vaslor »

The "Members" menu at the top of the site, next to the logout button. I find it interesting how many people have joined over such a short time. And the "Yes" side of the votes has increased by atleast 5 over the last ~hour. I've been online recently, not many people are on right now, especially not the ones that have recently registered on the site. I'm sure anyone with enough reasoning gets what I'm implying...
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

well goes to show how unofficial this type of a vote is like how people can vote as much as they want for tv programs
pianiseemo
OP

Post by pianiseemo »

Vaslor wrote:The "Members" menu at the top of the site, next to the logout button. I find it interesting how many people have joined over such a short time. And the "Yes" side of the votes has increased by atleast 5 over the last ~hour. I've been online recently, not many people are on right now, especially not the ones that have recently registered on the site. I'm sure anyone with enough reasoning gets what I'm implying...
I'm pretty sure the No side of the vote was 22 like 1 hour ago. Now it's 27. Oh yeah, and when I got back from a power outage, it was 15.
Last edited by pianiseemo on Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:25 am, edited 4 times in total.
pianiseemo
OP

Post by pianiseemo »

RevStoningpot wrote:I'm not angry about anythin gi called you a fucking twat and the rest of you retards cuz i can't stad your stupid ass PC debate team bull shit this is the real world where people can express themselves how they wish. So if you admit that you hate this server fuck off already. And pianiseemo what i meant is you're having people who don't even play here come vote your way. if you all want to kill this server with a limit then i'll just go back to 2b2t.net. I certainly won't stay here and i still havn't heard from any of you shit brains how killing freedom will generate more intrest in the server. I don't know about the other no voters but i'm done here if this shit passes.
Uh Rev, why are you randomly accusing me of bringing people who don't even play on here? I ask people on the server to vote, and at least did not abuse /say. If you enjoy random mudslinging, then please continue.

You're mad because we're a "debate team"? LOL. Rev, you're saying we shouldn't have a logical debate? Oh wait, isn't that what you're doing... calling people names and attacking their motives?
pianiseemo
OP

Post by pianiseemo »

RevStoningpot wrote:well goes to show how unofficial this type of a vote is like how people can vote as much as they want for tv programs
Agreed. We should restart the vote and find a better way to conduct it.
YoungsMC
in diamond armor

Post by YoungsMC »

Hello piani!
I'm voting yes.
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

i'm still waiting to hear how cutting off half the players is supposed to get more people to join the server.
Xestia
OP

Post by Xestia »

I've said this multiple times already, as has piani, but it's simple: World boundary = pvp. Pvp = this server doesn't lie in it's description = more players stay here. That's about as simple as I can put it, so hopefully you'll understand it this time.

I agree, this is the real world where people can express themselves exactly how they want, so why you flame me for expressing myself is beyond me.
So if you admit that you hate this server fuck off already
Is this for real or am I hallucinating?

I have only voted once for this, I can't talk for pianiseemo but he objected to me paying diamonds to people who vote yes on moral grounds, so I doubt he'd do this dishonestly like this. Still I'd have no problem extending the vote and having yukar9 go through the votes and undo the dishonest ones.
i still havn't heard from any of you shit brains how killing freedom will generate more intrest in the server
Do you even read my posts?
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

I've extended the vote for now, I'll go through the votes and compare people by IP and whether or not they actually play on this server.
SolFuji
in iron armor

Post by SolFuji »

Xestia wrote:Well a map limit will change something, it will increase the amount of pvp.
I agree when you say a map limit will increase pvp. But for how long? Wouldn't it be just a straw fire? Do you really think 'builder' would do pvp instead? Or will they leave when everything will be destroyed before they have the chance to create anything?
You say, new people coming here leave because they don't find someone to fight. But will this really change? I think, people will just start hiding better. You won't find a pvp-server where people are fighting face to face all the time.
By the way, do people not involved in pvp really bother anyone else? Do they prevent others from doing pvp in any way? Did we reach a player limit? Or do we just lack enough pvp-player? This will not change with a map-limit.

Maybe the map-limit will increase the possibility to find other bases, but I think 5k is still much to big. Nevertheless I'd like to see what happens when the limit would be set.
Xestia wrote:The freedom of this server is great, but I don't see how traveling far is in any way using that freedom. It does quite the opposite, as it limits your possibilities.
But you deside to limit your possibilities, not the map limit... The difference to a free build server is that there will always be the danger of loosing everything.

Man, ich brech mir hier heute echt einen ab mit meinem Englisch...